Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Rotating blackhole..wormhole effect

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
yes they do but when they get massive (mass as in weight) enough they bend space enough that they bridge to parts of space creating a tunnel (wormhole)

its so theoritcal tho

Quite correct but they evaporate matter over time which of course means black holes aren't a case of existing for eternity, they do have an associated time-line though in scientific terms it's 'facking loooong' ...

Joshie15

Jul 28, 2009
UK,Bournemouth
Ok thanks, cleared that up. i think.. lol

Frontline, what is the white hole theory? not come across that

and as far as black holes life times...aslong as they are absorbing/attracting/getting enough matter...couldnt they last indeffinatley? as i'm awhere the only energy they give out is hawking radiation which they cant actually give out due to the temperature of space still being to hot from the big bang...or something to that tune..

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
and as far as black holes life times...aslong as they are absorbing/attracting/getting enough matter...couldnt they last indeffinatley? as I'm awhere the only energy they give out is hawking radiation which they cant actually give out due to the temperature of space still being to hot from the big bang...or something to that tune..
I got no idea where you got the notion of black holes being unable to radiate energy because the space outside the black hole is too hot because it's fehcking cold outside ... and i mean just a tad off of absolute zero ...

I'm of the opinion black holes do in fact radiate energy all the time and their time-line of existence is dependent upon the size of the black hole, the time it takes to suck in all the matter [planets, stars and any nebulae in the vicinity] and then to radiate that all back out.
And in doing so, the universe eventually becomes an extremely cold, dark, uninviting dollop of space time.

Still, I think we still have enough time to get that last game of paintball in ..... but maybe not long enough to see Arsenal win the premier league :)

baudsenseless

PMGWC #3
May 27, 2010
so as a random question, is the universe getting larger quicker than black holes are, surely the size of a black hole would rise exponentially so therefore it would eventually catch it up?

(feel free to shoot me down, just a random question that popped into my head after reading this thread with a beer in hand! which could be the reason for this post as that could have just killed the single braincell that would have stopped me posting this!:eek:)

FrontlineArtist

Super Registered User
Jun 11, 2010
Berkshire
Frontline, what is the white hole theory? not come across that
A whitehole is the opposite of a blackhole, where a blackhole sucks things in a whitehole spits things out.

The general theory is that they are a region of spacetime which cannot be entered from the outside but a region where you can only exit from the inside. A whitehole is believed to be at the other end of the blackhole, it's like an unstable wormhole is the best way I can think to put it.

Funny enough I first learnt about this mostly from a talking toster on Red Dwarf.

FrontlineArtist

Super Registered User
Jun 11, 2010
Berkshire
so as a random question, is the universe getting larger quicker than black holes are, surely the size of a black hole would rise exponentially so therefore it would eventually catch it up?

(feel free to shoot me down, just a random question that popped into my head after reading this thread with a beer in hand! which could be the reason for this post as that could have just killed the single braincell that would have stopped me posting this!:eek:)
Don't worry about getting shot down I have a RPS (Rocket-propelled science).

Yes theres a chance everthing will end up down a black hole (theres a massive one in the center of the galaxy), but the universe is not getting larger but expanding so everything is moving away from the centre. Black holes grow larger from taking in matter so their size varies, theres no general growth.

Scrumpy

Now with added pew pew
Dec 7, 2006
Darkest depths o Zumerzet
Funny enough I first learnt about this mostly from a talking toster on Red Dwarf.
All of my physics insight comes from talkie toaster I think it could've been the fist explanation of black holes I ever properly understood.

I think White hole theory is even more thoretical then black hole theory because white holes have never been discovered where as black holes have. (or at least the absence of anything else where there should, in theory, be "something")