Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

rotor durability test

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
So he drops it from 6ft, and the lid pops open every time.

Wow what a great feature!

Also we need some more real situation testing. What would happen if you were playing and there was a someone eating a hotdog near by? I think Dye should fill a rotor with hotdogs and see if it still works. :facepalm:

paintball_scots

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2008
glasgow
So he drops it from 6ft, and the lid pops open every time.

Wow what a great feature!

Also we need some more real situation testing. What would happen if you were playing and there was a someone eating a hotdog near by? I think Dye should fill a rotor with hotdogs and see if it still works. :facepalm:
i think its more of an extreme situation test, so if it can handle being immersed in water, blow torched and dropped from 6 feet up then it should be able to handle rain, really hot days and bad dives.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
i think its more of an extreme situation test, so if it can handle being immersed in water, blow torched and dropped from 6 feet up then it should be able to handle rain, really hot days and bad dives.
It doesnt handle being dropped from 6 feet. It opens up and your paint would be everywhere! Im certain that running full pelt and throwing yourself into a super sexy superman will = paint everywhere.

Polly

SoManc!
May 30, 2006
****ehole West Yorkshire
www.myspace.com
It doesnt handle being dropped from 6 feet. It opens up and your paint would be everywhere! Im certain that running full pelt and throwing yourself into a super sexy superman will = paint everywhere.
It obviously does handle being dropped from 6 feet, it wasnt damaged in any way. As for superman = paint everywhere, learn to superman right and it won't :)
If you/your loader hits the grass with the same force as dropping 6 feet onto concrete, i think you would be more bothered about your broken ribs than the few balls you just spilled.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
It obviously does handle being dropped from 6 feet, it wasnt damaged in any way. As for superman = paint everywhere, learn to superman right and it won't :)
If you/your loader hits the grass with the same force as dropping 6 feet onto concrete, i think you would be more bothered about your broken ribs than the few balls you just spilled.
Well ok yeah, I agree, but I didnt mention damage. I said the lid came open. I like the hopper. I appreciate its asthetics. I have no idea if its great or not.

But the lid still popped open fairly easily.

Now another disclaimer. This does not mean its a poor product. It may well be nothing more than something to note, but I noticed it. And I threw it out there.

Also, yes, I am notoriously bad at diving :)

PaintBaller.ie

Richie B
Aug 28, 2006
Ireland
www.paintballer.ie
Billy wing says near the end that the water and heat test just shows that if you do happen to play in the rain, or leave the loader in your car on a hot day for instance, that it will not damage the loader. Obviously you are not going to be playing in hell or under water, its just for fun and a product showcase

Re the 6ft drop test, the lid does pop open but does not break off. Pop a quick feed on that and bob's your uncle.. you can do 6ft superman dives all day and you will have nothing to fear. :)