Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Rotor Gen 3...switching off? DYE Tech about?

Skeet

Platinum Member
Hi peeps.

So, I have this Rotor which is nice and new, used first time two weeks ago and used today.
Two team mates used theirs today.

Previously, I found that my Rotor had switched itself off (having not been idle for ages). Only once, so I thought it was a fluke.
Today, the same thing happened to the other two Rotors, one of them being quite literally NEW yesterday.

So. What is this issue? I have seen some talk of it on the web, so it would seem to exist, albeit fairly rare.
Any DYE Tech's have any suggestions?

Other than that the thing is awesome...brilliant design.:)

Many thanks.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
maybe something stupid like rubbish/used batteries in them? really need to play the idiot card with a lot of problems in here so just as well clearing that up now haha

don't think the rotor has an idle shut off anyway apart from the virtue board maybe?

Skeet

Platinum Member
maybe something stupid like rubbish/used batteries in them? really need to play the idiot card with a lot of problems in here so just as well clearing that up now haha

don't think the rotor has an idle shut off anyway apart from the virtue board maybe?
ProCells actually...and they were fine this week.

I kinda' stopped making "stupid" mistakes a number of years ago...my occasional mistakes these days, tend to be more "oversight", than "stupid";)

You are right about the idiot card...as you can see, I have been around the block a few times and have used it myself...on multiple occasions:D

Thanks for your reply.:first:

mikey1975

Morning Wood Walking Dead
Oct 2, 2009
Stockport
Sounds dodgy I know but check your balls :eek: I use the rotor as my main hopper, Ive had it where the weather was, say well rubbish and the odd ball swelled :eek: up jamming the rotor, and turning it off as I had a quick feed on in the rain so ive changed it back to the standard lid and it works great no problems
Hope this helps?
Mike

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
How would swollen balls affect the on/off switch though. It takes a determined push of that button to turn the rotor on and off ?

Only thing I could see it being is water in the electronics, but I'm sure I saw a vid on YouTube of a Dye tech putting a rotor in water and it still working...

Hehe swollen balls :p

Skeet

Platinum Member
No guys, it is an issue that has been mentioned elsewhere. Waiting for a DYE tech to see this really.

As I said, I thought mine was a fluke, but when two others did it today, one totally NIB...it is more than a coincidence. Apparently they don't have an idle cut off, so the rotor should be live, all the time the switch is on and there are batteries in it.

Cheers for the tip on swollen balls..I have just checked mine and they do feel a little plump...will have to get the Mrs to empty my pods...so to speak...:eek::D

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
ProCells actually...and they were fine this week.

I kinda' stopped making "stupid" mistakes a number of years ago...my occasional mistakes these days, tend to be more "oversight", than "stupid";)

You are right about the idiot card...as you can see, I have been around the block a few times and have used it myself...on multiple occasions:D

Thanks for your reply.:first:
sorry bud i didn't mean for my reply to come out like that, like you said it's just making sure none of the simple things are overlooked so my apologies for making it look as if i was questioning your intellect in any way!

Skeet

Platinum Member
sorry bud i didn't mean for my reply to come out like that, like you said it's just making sure none of the simple things are overlooked so my apologies for making it look as if i was questioning your intellect in any way!
LOL!

No worries man...I was just dicking about:D
Many people have questioned my intellect, sometimes for good reason:D:cool:

Right...so I have an email address to enquire to.

Thank you Thread!