Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Rotor gen?

LATHAM

FIGHTIN' MACHINE™
Not played for a few years properly, but got my hands on a Joy Division Rotor off a friend a bit back. Used it maybe once or twice in anger, and it was brilliant.

Now my good buddy Al Woods just picked one up the other day off here, and his one was sold as a 'Gen 3 Rotor'? I've no idea what Gen mine is, and not that it really matters, but is there some way I can tell.

Also, what are the differences between the generations? Anything that makes them a load better or just minor tweaks.

Thanks

dodge-gnome

Save a rock, throw an Ion
Nov 13, 2010
Gloucestershire
Still makes me laugh how when the rotor was released to the public, adding two thin strips of velcro was considered to be "next generation innovation"

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland
The velcro and sharkfin weren't advertised as being innovations.
They were just added in response to initial limits highlighted by players

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
Yeah, the rotor takes hopper tech to a whole new level. Kinda glad the different gen's aren't super different but putting the shark fin on the later ones is a top idea. Had a few Halo issues previously and the rip drive saved my ass a few times
The shark fin is not the unjam feature. It's an extra tongue of plastic on the red forcefeeder inside the rotor. It was designed to reduce ball clogging on the internal feeding system