Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Rotor Or a Prophecy

Hi Marcus,

Sorry to hear of your bad experiences. To be honest I am a bit bemused by it..
Did you ever contact us at DYE direct? Or explain this to the dealer you bought it off so they could act on it? Did the tech’s at Campaign attempt to solve the issues?
Unfortunately the tech's at events such as Campaign cup aren’t always in a position to warranty items off the cuff as they often aren’t full time employees. I’m sure if it had been brought to Ash’s attention, of the guys running the DYE booth that day something could have been done to help you further. I have been working here 3 years and since then I have seen countless times when the guys here have bent over backwards to help people.
As with any DYE or Proto Product, we support and back them up however is needed through support and/or warranties. With the Rotor, we have tens of thousands of them now and 99.999% of those people swear by them without any fear of jamming.

Just to clarify we have only had 1gen of Rotor from the start. Everybody from the first time buyer to all of the Pro teams that choose to shoot the Rotor, shoot the same version with nothing added or tweaked (same as every DYE product). The Fin centre arm was switched as stock a month or so down the line to help with un-jamming sticky or sweaty paint. Anyone that has ever had issues however slight had the centre arm switched out with the Fin centre arm as soon as we got them in.

Hope that helps to explain things further..

All the best,

Tommy

The rotor is indeed a supreme piece of kit but if you have a 1st genny one I offer it will consistently jam with most types of paint. Asked kindly for the dye techy guys at Campaign to help but they said I have to buy upgrade parts as they will not honour anything under warranty. I am not sure whether the gen 2 rotors have had similair issues as I have not had the pleasure of owning one. Not sure what the difference is other than the shark fin on the rotor arm.

The tech guys were great helping me and my team out with marker issues but as nothing could be offered to sort the rotors out I have therefore got rid of both of them after a very frustrating 7 months and now have two very tricked up Reloader B2's which basically just work with any type of paint which is all I asked of the rotors.

For reference the paint that jammed with my rotors (both of them becuase if one jammed I would swap over to try the other). Ramp, Blaze, Frostbite, F13, All Star, Polar Ice, some pink stuff and a few others I cannot remember right now. The only paint that has worked without even one jam in is Marb, Proto (both winter and summer) and some very cheap training paint we nicknamed bird poop cos it had a off white sickly white fill with a very dark shell and when it broke on you looked like you had an unlucky accident from a passing pigeon or seagull.

Loved the rotors to bits when they worked. :) Shame they limited what paint I could use. :mad:

EDIT: Just thought I would add that some people with 1st Gen rotors have had zero probs, so maybe I was just unlucky. Love the Dye brand, and not trying to slate the products, just explaining my own experience. :eek:

MattC

Head of The CPPS Mole Correction Facility.
Nov 11, 2008
I prefer the Rotor myself... I don't think there's alot between the 2, its just down to personal pref.

consistently jam with most types of paint
I've had mine since the first week of release and its never jammed with any kind of paint once.... never... not once. Just lucky I guess

blinket

Mar 3, 2009
i have the second gen and i think mines jammed once, but then i looked inside and the pellet that had jammed was completely defformed and larger than it should be which would explain it

rotor=flawless in my eyes, used to have a b2 but i flet the difference when i switched to the rotor