Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Rotor or spire

Thorpe

Lucky 15s
Mar 13, 2010
My biggest issue with the Rotor was that it would happily drag swollen paintballs down into the feedneck and cause a jam that you can only clear by ripping the whole thing off your gun to clear it out. The design of the Spire means that just doesn't happen. I've put about 30 cases through my Spire, played in the rain for a lot of that, and it hasn't once jammed or blocked, not once.

Only two downsides to the Spire:
1) Battery life isn't as admittedly awesome as the Rotor.
2) You have to fork out and buy one brand-new right now because no-one is selling them second-hand.

Scrumpy

Now with added pew pew
Dec 7, 2006
Darkest depths o Zumerzet
Get a pinokio they're ossums! In all seriousnessI had a rotor for years and it never missed a beat. Only sold it as I went pump and mech for a few months before returning to the dark side. Now using a pinokio simply because it was going cheap and you don't see many around (and I wanted to try the MASSIVE nose cone) have to say quite nice really.

frenchy2475

I have quit...
Jun 17, 2009
Wiltshire
I changed to a Spire from a rotor simply because I was experiencing jams. The spire simply doesn't jam and everything about it improves on a rotor apart from battery life.

If you don't get any jams with a rotor and I mean not one single one, keep it...If you do then give the Spire a try:)

Reactions: Jezz

hello_moto

Feb 7, 2010
Birmingham
I want to jump on the Spire bandwagon.

My rotor is fantastic but can be a little cumbersome. I want something lighter, not to mention the aggressive sleek low profile of the Spire which is also very appealing to me as well.

mark haddock

if at 1st u dont succeed hit it harder
May 17, 2012
ipswich suffolk
spire all the way for me i have both the spire and rotor now had over 15000 balls threw the spire never missed a beat never jammed holds more then the rotor does yes the rotor is tried and tested but spire in my opinon is better as for stripping and cleaning not anything between them

Alex R

Fusion 141
Jul 15, 2006
North Yorkshire
I've had my rotor since they were released in 08 I believe, no real issues other than the odd ball jam which isn't bad for 5 years use and abuse and the LED light stopped working last year, spent £10 on a new circuit board to have the light back. I upgraded the rotor centre with the Virtue soft centre.

I'd love to get a Spire, but just simply can't justify the price of loaders these days, I paid £85 for my rotor new, long gone are those days when that seemed expensive!!

I think if I was looking at a new loader now, I think I'd have to go with an Empire Halo Too or Scion :(

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
If it wasn`t for the battery issues, I`d have stayed with the Velocity Junior, I still think this hopper has everything one would want including being I think the lightest on the market and best profile, .. Damn those screws though !!

Hazza

Dec 10, 2012
the rotor is def better. Its very hard to break. easy to clean and tooless

have you used the spire? when you say easy to break you joned last saturday? the rotor uses screws, the spire doesnt, the quick change from speedfeed to lid, the spire is tooless and very hard to break aswell?

matthew96

Jun 22, 2013
i dont think the rotor uses screws mate. All it has is a locking tab at the top to take the shell apart