Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

rotor or z2

Dup

Aug 17, 2012
don't know if you are aware but the rotor isn't a true constant feed, when the paint is fully loaded into the breach and the red arm encounters resistance then the motor disengages so that no pressure is applied to the ball stack by the counter rotating top section of the rotor. whereas something like the halos which are sound activated, if the settings are too high they will still try to feed and apply further pressure to the ballstack and risk causing a break.
you do realise you just proved ravdude's point? The motor doesnt break the paint, the user error

Last edited:

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
you do realise you just proved ravdude's point? The motor doesnt break the paint, the hopper does.
huh? he's talking about the rotor applying too much/too little/just right force on the paint and in fact the amount of force it applies changes depending on whether the ballstack is empty or not. we already all agree (i hope) that banging a hopper about breaks paint and also that a constant feed motor cranked up to the max can also break paint?

Dup

Aug 17, 2012
As the title says rotor and z2, i think he was on about these hoppers not constant fed ones. But yeah, your right, the rotor does have its own mechanism that helps, so dye did think of that.

I think the main point he was trying to make, was because somebody in a previous post said "rotor broke my paint, never using it again"... he was implying it was the paints fault not the rotor....

i think your both on the same page, just a little comms error haha

Reactions: ravdude

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
As the title says rotor and z2, i think he was on about these hoppers not constant fed ones. But yeah, your right, the rotor does have its own mechanism that helps, so dye did think of that.

I think the main point he was trying to make, was because somebody in a previous post said "rotor broke my paint, never using it again"... he was implying it was the paints fault not the rotor....

i think your both on the same page, just a little comms error haha
gotcha. as far as rotors go then no they generally shouldn't be breaking paint. i can remember having to turn the speed of my rotor down a bit during training through winter because it was consistently breaking the brittle paint but other than that the mechanism should save your balls :)

did243

Luxe/GOG Tech
Feb 17, 2012
no wonder you're finding it hard, you need an allen key not a screw driver. :p

As for people saying they have "breaks" in their hoppers, thats not the hoppers fault, thats yours/paints fault

But yea, rotor all the way,
friend and I shared same 2 boxes of paint, his v35 didn't jam allday.
Sterling shield by the way - whole walk on was using this paint.

Last edited:

did243

Luxe/GOG Tech
Feb 17, 2012
haha was my second walk on so I was a wimp and didn't get stuck in ;), z2 now and new demon - do get stuck in. never a problem ;)