Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Rotor - use rechargeables ???

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Have just upgraged to a Rotor after using a Pulse and Halo. Whilst using the old hoppers I used a bone pack and so never needed to buy batteries.

My question, on the new Dye Rotors, do these go through batteries like other hoppers or is it worth getting some half decent rechargeables and using them.

Would appreciate any help on this.

Phil

:D:D

James25

Platinum Member
Jan 15, 2009
I have prob put about 8 cases of paint through my rotor so far and still on the same set of bat's. A Decent pair should last for 50,000+ shots according to dye.

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
ye....the batteries last for a very long time mate.....im still using the same batteries since the begining of december and they still have plenty of life left on em.

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Bloody hell, do you guys ever worry your batteries are going to die in a middle of a game ?

I would be paranoid after a couple events or trainning sessions.

Anavrin

Jan 15, 2009
not with a rotor :)

you can use 3 AA Duracels with the little power meter on the side, if your worried about the life you can check them before a game

SteRoberts

Pugwash
Apr 1, 2004
Wolverhampton
do you need to take it out your hopper at the end of each day, or can you leave them in there no problem? (regular - not rechargeable)

just upgraded when i smashed up my reloader and couldnt be arsed to fix it haha.

Pegasus

[GBH Exile] Captain #35
Dec 23, 2008
Surrey
do you need to take it out your hopper at the end of each day, or can you leave them in there no problem? (regular - not rechargeable)

just upgraded when i smashed up my reloader and couldnt be arsed to fix it haha.
You can leave them in without any problems, had my rotor since the beginning of the year and used it 7/8 times (left it on by accident half the time) and they still have 75% life left in them.(there the weird ones that show the life when you press the 2 buttons :) )

paintball_crazy

I said lizard, not wizard
Sep 10, 2008
nottingham
i use rechargeable with mine, picked up 4 Duracell rechargeable batteries and a charger for £10 on ebay. just recharge them after each use.

on a side note, got bored one day and decided to see how many balls my rotor could feed from 3 morisons extra long life batteries, got around 42000 mark before they started to die considerable.

There my 2 cent, hope this helps

dicksin200

veni vidi vici
Feb 2, 2009
sheffield
re-chargables all the way

i use re-chargables for my rotor and my dm9 with yakuza oled board they work fine.the ones in the rotor i charge about once a month and they still got plenty in them at that.the dm9 is greedy with the oled board so every time even though they show 60% full

obladeo

Platinum Member Lifetime
Nov 27, 2008
In a Shrubbery
I love my rotor and used over 20,000+ balls through it on the same batteries. Only issue i had is my speed feed broke and i got a free replacment :D