Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

rotor vs spire?

Everyinchtheanimal

Feb 19, 2010
Right first off this isnt a which one to get. Its just a quick query as to why so many people get on their high horse about the rotor being better than a spire or a spire being better than the rotor? Does it matter that they feed at 30bps? No markers are capped anyway in tourny and most walk-ons. Does it matter the spire is lighter? No because it holds more paint so it evens out! One of the lads (new player/marshal) up my local site after I asked him why a spire for a first hopper, his reply was a) "all the good teams use them" and b) "it must be good, i saw a vid on youtube where someone put a boken egg in it and it still worked". I mean wtf! Does that mean my 20(ish)year old automag is better than the latest ego/dm/tourny marker, because I can shoot it under water with no cycling problems!? Why do all these big companies bang on about this is the best/fastest marker on the market, why not just just make a marker/hopper that will only feed as fast as the rules state. That way they can develop hoppers and markers more efficient on battery life as they wouldn't have to run all singing and dancing 1000rpm motors for hoppers or solenoids that recharge faster to enable 30+ bps. Development in these two areas in my opinion is pointless, if the user can only use it at 1/2 the intended designed rate. Surely if a something such as a solenoid is only designed to run at 15bps max, it could be designed to be smaller? Same with a hopper motor if it only needs to feed at 15bpe max, it doesn't need to spin as fast hence it can be smaller and run on less power?
Am I totally missing the point? And am I just the only one who for the last few years, has just sat in the background and listening to all the market leaders giving all BS. Yet still run around playing the game how I want to play and with what I want to play with, because it worked first time around and unless something dramatically changes the game as a whole then there is no need for newer is better attitude!

jont

Jul 13, 2011
Why design a car to go faster that the speed limit?

The rational adult in me completely agrees with you, but the child in me who likes sports cars, explosions in movies and America Pie also likes to see just how much paint my marker can rip through.

I own modern tourney markers. Lite, fast, efficient, but always favour my karni because its just more fun. This kit that we all spend stupid money on is essentially big boys toys and are therefore advertised as the fastest, quietest, smoothest etc etc. Who'd upgrade to a piece of kit with 'reliable, sensible, dependable' written on the box and sold only in beige?

I do however agree that if a hopper came out branded as 'most efficient' I'd pay attention, but would still probably buy the one with the go faster strips!

Reactions: Everyinchtheanimal

Everyinchtheanimal

Feb 19, 2010
Spire is smaller and holds more paint than a rotor. What is not to like?...
Why does it matter how small it is? If its so you dont get shot on it, 9 times out of 10 my hopper is inline with my body or goggles so if it gets hit, then so would have I if it was smaller!

M4rkm93

You stay classy!
Sep 13, 2012
Coventry
Why does it matter how small it is? If its so you dont get shot on it, 9 times out of 10 my hopper is inline with my body or goggles so if it gets hit, then so would have I if it was smaller![/
They also feed reballs flawlessly if you shoot them which Rotors sure as hell don't. Point stands, they hold more paint than a rotor which is an advantage no matter how you look at it.

Last edited:

Pinchaaaay!

London Nexus - #77
The argument between loader and loader. Marker and Marker. Paint and Paint. Goggles and goggles will always be biased and you will NEVER get an unbiased view unless you look at a store review or simply use them yourself. FACT. For example, if you are sponsored by Eclipse, would you say that the Luxe is better? (Even if deep down you think it is?) Nope, because you are biased through sponsorship (Rightly so too! Support your sponsors) So people who hate the rotor are usually GI sponsored and People who hate the Spire are usually Dye sponsored etc. So the answer to this question is. If your not sponsored and held down by manufacture restraints, then choose what ever the hell makes you happy. whatever you feel works for you. Simple. But personally i would say use the Rotor and any other DYE product as they simply rock ;)

toecutter

Jan 21, 2003
melton..
i used to have an ir3 with intellifeed to my revvi hopper no batterys needed in the hopper it worked off the battery in the gun itself plus would feed balls as fast as u could pull the trigger brilliant idea still the easiest & most reliable set up iv had so far but out of the 2 mentioned id go for the rotor every time