Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

rotor vs vl jr help please

pb-daz

Apr 6, 2009
hi guys, after so many issues with my old loader im just gonna replace it, and having had these issues i want something reliable and solid, now i know the obvious answer is a rotor and to be fair im kinda already sold on one, however i only go to my local site and never play tournament paintball, so am i mad spending a £100+ on a rotor when a new jr is £50 and possibly just as good for my needs? if the rotor is that much more reliable etc i have no issues buying one, ive done my research but i want to see what you guys think, nice having owner reviews, thanks guys, daz

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
There are loads of good second hand ones, going for £30 with upgraded chips in them, for that money if they go wrong bin them and get another. If you just want to be cool and follow the gang get a Rotor and be done with it. ;)

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Buy a prophecy, if you want an up to date loader. They've dropped in price very recently from £130 odd quid to £79

VL's are good loaders, I used one myself up till lately, but the problem is their plastics seem brittle and getting spares like a feedneck in the UK can prove troublesome.

tricky m

Feb 17, 2010
leeds
i've got rotor and is worth it. no messing just turn it on and off you go no setting up. can be stripped and cleaned in seconds in the field.

you could pick a second hand one up for about £60 seen them going for that.

pb-daz

Apr 6, 2009
im going to buy new so i know that it hasnt been abused, and has a warranty, the plastics on the jr were what im worried about to be fair, ive read mixed reviews on the prophecy so im not entirely convinced, im guessing you are pleased with yours,

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
me and the wife have been using a Prophecy all year, didnt like the rotor as i saw to many with troubles. but had a problem out the box with a dry solder. but that was with early ones i believe. perfect loader though

tiffer

Ha,ha....................
May 31, 2005
Visit site
I'm just changing from a Vl to a Rotor,mainly due to the the battery useage in the VL,but mine is for tourney use.
If you're working on a budget you're prolly better off buying 2nd hand...
Do not buy a VL without an upgrade chip(hyperdrive or similar) they will do a set of brand new batteries in a day and that's if you're being conservative.
I used h/d chips in mine and although the battery saving was better I was only getting a day and 1/2 when fully charged(setting dependant..force-fed and fast).
2nd hand is the way to go,there's vlocities,halo's,even eggs will feed fast enough for most..you coulld buy 2 for under £60 and decide which you prefer and have a spare...

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
im going to buy new so i know that it hasnt been abused, and has a warranty, the plastics on the jr were what im worried about to be fair, ive read mixed reviews on the prophecy so im not entirely convinced, im guessing you are pleased with yours,
I've got my choice of loaders off the shelf here, prophecy won by a fair margin. Better speed feed, better capacity, very lightweight, battery usage isn't that big an issue for me to be honest but this runs for ages on 4 aa's, wide mouth angled down to face me makes it one of the easiest loaders to pour a pod into, standard capacity is 240, feels like you're actually never going to run out. I've finished games without having to reload, it's a definite advantage.

pb-daz

Apr 6, 2009
dammit youve really thrown me now, lol, my last hopper was an empire and i really didnt like it, reloader b, so is the prophecy well respected then, ive not really followed up on them?

Twizz ECI

London Tigers 2
Jan 8, 2003
Crawley
Well I would say Rotor, no if's or buts. Like 1 of the other guys said I'm sure you can get a 2nd hand one for about £60. In fact I would say that DYE have made a Loader thats 2 good!!!!!!!! None of my Teams broke down last season!!! the only slight problem we had was when they first came out, If you got a small paintball if got stuck sometime but DYE made and upgrade paddle which solved the problem!!!!