Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

rotor, Z2 or spire what should i get

cono111

Jun 27, 2012
From a guy with all three, my honest opinion:
ROTOR - Sucks. Its ridiculously heavy, needs manual anti jamming to actually get shooting again (taking hands off your gun/pods). Oh, did I also mention how stupidly loud it is when you run out of paint.
SPIRE - Works perfectly tbh, it only has two issues. 1)Price, being new it's nearly impossible to buy secondhand. So you will be dishing out well over £100 for it. 2)It's damn ugly. Admit it. It looks like a cheap boat sitting on top of your beautifully milled marker.
Z2 - Looks sick. Beginning to crop up secondhand cheaply. Never jammed on me (well that I had to sort out, it auto unjams in seconds). It has never broken a ball (unlike the rotor.) Frankly, this is my recommended choice. The only issue I have ever noticed is in the nose cone, it occasionally gets one or two balls stuck. When you are shooting a good few hundred balls per game this barely makes a difference though.
But hey, opinions are opinions. Have fun slating me if you really want to ;D
Bit of a long shot but dont suppose you want to sell your z2 or spire at all

did243

Luxe/GOG Tech
Feb 17, 2012
Bit of a long shot but dont suppose you want to sell your z2 or spire at all
They're both mine hehe - bojjob owns the rotor ;), i've just brought my spire and haven't even played with it yet, if I dont get on with it you're more than welcome to buy it. I'm afraid the z2 isnt for sale though ;) - love it too much.

Teddy picker99

Apr 11, 2011
Kings lynn norfolk
I have had a rotor for over a year, havent had a single jam since i turnt the tension screw out and had plenty of cases put through it with all different paints. Id like a spire, but, do i really need to spend all that when my rotors working fine. I know its not such a big issue but rotors really good on batteries. I wouldnt rule out a rotor. X

bojjob

#19 Blackout
Feb 22, 2012
Sussex
I have had a rotor for over a year, havent had a single jam since i turnt the tension screw out and had plenty of cases put through it with all different paints. Id like a spire, but, do i really need to spend all that when my rotors working fine. I know its not such a big issue but rotors really good on batteries. I wouldnt rule out a rotor. X
You do have a point here I overlooked. I have never actually had a rotor battery die on me... But hey. I prefer a better hopper overall to better battery consumption. And I wound out the tension screw as well, made no difference ;)

cono111

Jun 27, 2012
They're both mine hehe - bojjob owns the rotor ;), i've just brought my spire and haven't even played with it yet, if I dont get on with it you're more than welcome to buy it. I'm afraid the z2 isnt for sale though ;) - love it too much.
Fair enough but let me know on that spire

cono111

Jun 27, 2012
Ive never
Ive never fully ruled it out because of the amount if people that sell and that have had them

rexy

Northern Alliance
Jul 5, 2012
Northampton
this might help im about to get one for my rotor ive never had any problems with mine personally but this could help against what ive seen people mention about blending paint

bojjob

#19 Blackout
Feb 22, 2012
Sussex
this might help im about to get one for my rotor ive never had any problems with mine personally but this could help against what ive seen people mention about blending paint

I was looking at these too, but with the extra £20 of getting one you may as well just buy a spire or something instead that doesn't need upgrading.

Oh and on trying out the spire this week:
It's capacity seems to be slightly more than the others.
It is practically silent.
The little flashy lights when you run outta paint are cool but annoying tbh.
It looks alot less like a 1960's speedboat when it's on your marker. (yes I did check this.)
Not a single jam out of about 2 cases.
A few balls did tend to find themselves stuck up the top, away from the pulsing arm.

So yeah, missed out loads I could have said but hey. They are pretty damn good. Now I'm just waiting on this Machine hopper....

cono111

Jun 27, 2012
Forgot to reply to this guys but i have a rotir now and its working perfectly but thanks for the info bojjob