Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Rotors, worth the money?

Sami4

Oct 29, 2009
Birmingham
Atm i have a halo b but will be moving up soon, see most people with rotors but I wonder I they are actually that good. Any info on them would be great :D

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
rotors are a shedload of money, but for good reason. they feed plenty fast but their best feature is how quick and easily they can be broken down to clean out incase of any breaks and the battery life is brilliant just as cowface said.

however a very strong contestor is the empire prophecy. i personally prefer it because it is sound activated (in my experience i have broke a lot less paint in my prophecy than my rotor) and holds ALOT more paint as standard than the rotor, the advantage being the prophecy has the same small front profile as a rotor.
another great advantage is that changing from lid to speedfeed is very fast and doesnt require changing an entire shell the same as the rotor. when you weigh it up its £90 for a prophecy and £20 for the speedfeed. whereas a rotor is £130 and £35 for a topshell and speedfeed. and if im being brutally honest the standard dye speedfeed is one of the worst out there.

prophecy is a little more complicated but doesnt take long to master, and is a hell of a lot cheaper. and to be honest, in my personal experience again i have had maybe 1 or 2 jams in my prophecy as opposed to the rotor which has jammed on me on considerably more occasions.

BaconDude

Rawr.
Dec 3, 2010
High Wycombe
prophecy is a little more complicated but doesnt take long to master, and is a hell of a lot cheaper. and to be honest, in my personal experience again i have had maybe 1 or 2 jams in my prophecy as opposed to the rotor which has jammed on me on considerably more occasions.
Does the prophecy have any sort of unjam mech?

I've had my fair share of jams on the Rotor, but tug the shark fin and it's happy days.

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
The prophecy has a rip drive you can unjam with. I sometimes empty the stack by turning the loader upside-down and turning the wheel backwards.

As liam92 said for me I've only had a jam once or twice in around 6 months.

I think only the more recent Rotors have the shark fin on the centre paddle, it helps clear jams more efficiently as it lifts the balls away from the centre wheel. Always lift your balls, it helps clear jams better...

To add to the "Rotors, worth the money?" debate, Dye have just increased the price of Rotors in the US. I can only assume it won't be long before the price hike hits here. ANSGear are upping the price from $159.99 to $199 by the end of June !

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Does the prophecy have any sort of unjam mech?

I've had my fair share of jams on the Rotor, but tug the shark fin and it's happy days.
infront of the feedneck inside the hopper itself it has the antijam freeway fitted which is superb at avoiding jams in the first place. it's basically a flexible guide which if for some reason it manages to get 2 balls about to be pushed down, it deflects one away to keep it feeding smooth. in addition it has a ripwheel on the bottom, just turn it half a turn to relieve any pressure on the ball stack and it will start working again no problems. as mentioned the antijam freeway usually avoids the need for it in the first place but if it happens to get a jam it will definately unjam with the ripwheel.

the rotor shark fin is fitted to the newer models but the originals don't have it if i'm correct.

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
I have to say that I and most of the team used Rotors for a couple of seasons, I personally have never had any problems with the Rotor. Have to agree that the each of use, dismantling ease and battery life were all fantastic.

Due to a change in sponsorship we have all changed to Prophecy's, I have only used this for a couple of months and a couple of times and to date am happy with it, you can spin the bottom wheel to free up any jams. The team do like the new hopper although we have the Ltd versions and these are a little complex to initially set up compared to the simply on/off in the rotor.

All in all the rotor and prophecy - the best 2 loaders on the market.

My twopenneth !!

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
Ive had both and had no issues with either until this weekend. Lent my Rotor to mate and he gave it straight back was jamming every paint he put in it.

Not to sure what is better now upto you

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Ive had both and had no issues with either until this weekend. Lent my Rotor to mate and he gave it straight back was jamming every paint he put in it.

Not to sure what is better now upto you
i don't know if it was the rain or just the quality of paint but at round 3 i was getting jams after every 5 balls or so in my rotor which was insane compared to any problems i've ever had with it before.