Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Rotors, worth the money?

Alex R

Fusion 141
Jul 15, 2006
North Yorkshire
To add to the "Rotors, worth the money?" debate, Dye have just increased the price of Rotors in the US. I can only assume it won't be long before the price hike hits here. ANSGear are upping the price from $159.99 to $199 by the end of June !
@ my local pb shop, standard coloured Rotors £129.99, for the fancier coloured ones ie multicam etc £139.99. When I first bought mine on the release day, £80'ish!

Is it worth the money, well that's up to you! but I'd be looking at second hand as I think a £50+ hike is a bit much for my wallet...

I updated mine with virtues soft touch paddle and got given the Velcro battery straps. I shot 3 cases of paint yesterday with not a single jam using RPM Premium.

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
@ my local pb shop, standard coloured Rotors £129.99, for the fancier coloured ones ie multicam etc £139.99. When I first bought mine on the release day, £80'ish!

Is it worth the money, well that's up to you! but I'd be looking at second hand as I think a £50+ hike is a bit much for my wallet...

I updated mine with virtues soft touch paddle and got given the Velcro battery straps. I shot 3 cases of paint yesterday with not a single jam using RPM Premium.

NPF sell the ninja rotors for £99, I'm not sure how long Ged will be able to keep doing them for that if Dye are ready put the price up further...

On a competing note, NPF do V2 prophs for £65 ! It isn't bad for half the price, and if you bundle it in with some of the marker deals, you can get one for about £25 ! NPF might do a special order on a Pinokio aswell for somewhere around the £120-£130 mark.

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
been using rotors since they came out. the first one (sans fin on the red arm) jammed once in a blue moon. i had the same 3 procells in this one for nearly a year.

the other 2 (current model) have never missed a beat.

i've used nearly all of the loaders out there at one point or another and for ease of use, reliability and battery life i'd go with the rotor every time.

dodge-gnome

Save a rock, throw an Ion
Nov 13, 2010
Gloucestershire
Is there any point in sticking a virtue in a rotor? Mine has worked flawlessly without one... It's jammed once when i had a really bad batch of dark sports, apart from that i've never had an issue at all.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Is there any point in sticking a virtue in a rotor? Mine has worked flawlessly without one... It's jammed once when i had a really bad batch of dark sports, apart from that i've never had an issue at all.

probably not. i've got a bit of a motto when it comes to any paintball equipment (and can be applied to pretty much anything else in life!): if it ain't broke, don't fix it. so many people see the need to upgrade guns especially with bits and pieces when it doesn't actually need them, and furthermore it can end up making things worse sometimes!

i digress.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Rotor is the best hopper ever. Doesn't need a Virtue board.

Spend the money on drugs or whores instead. Or gambling. Go to Vegas and do all three.

Reactions: damo85