Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Round 5 comment

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
It would seem from reading all these posts that the dihkheads who were kicking up a fuss one way or another are staying well away from criticising the event in this thread .... co-incidence?
Nah .... their lack of comments, moans, bitches, whatever tells its own story ... they know what they did was wrong and were gonna get slaughtered by the more mature and the vast majority of players attending this event if they even tried to justify ther actions.

I think to stamp this out, you need to make a stand because if there's no active deterrent like bans or complete rejection then these scumbags will just keep doing their sh!t .. you need to draw a line somewhere and you need to back it up once drawn.

It's no good identifying, then warning and then not taking any action if they persist .. this will only serve to encourage their behaviour.

If guys wanna act the hard man or threaten refs or whatever, warn them once .. if they do it again, ban them from your events .. it's no good believing it's more expedient to take their money rather than allow them banning them because that's predicated on a false premise .. the fact you allow these scum to continue will result in your core group of mature players leaving to play somewhere else, and of course you will be losing refs hand over fist .....

That's the real economy ..... one warning then ban them .... it's as easy as that, all that remains is the will to do it coz if you don't, you have only got herself to blame when they assuredly start acting like a kid ..... I am 100% sure, all the mature teams and people will welcome this approach and I'm damned sure it allows a much better environment in which to judge.

It's a win-win situation Rich but if you take no action, then don't even think about coming on here and moaning you got no refs and dwindling number of teams, you must protect your refs and your teams ... that's the truth of the matter.

And if you think this can't be done .. think again, a few years back, a good few years actually, a player was banned for three months from every site and event in the UK fbecause of a few misunderstandings that occurred which led to a few fights... and the player concerned took it on the chin and was taught a big, big lesson.

I know this is 100% true becaue I was that player ... :rolleyes:

platoongod

Platinum Member
Apr 24, 2008
North Wales, Bangor
Top and bottom of it for me, and this is why i never go off at a ref....its pretty simple......i have NEVER personally seen a decision over turned, if the ref makes the call then that call is made, discuss it afterwards perhaps, but that's that, arguing will not help the situation.

As i said after refing conference on Sunday for the first time, i take my hat off to you guys.

I don't personally think your new rules are harsh at all rich, its simple really, if its an obvious hit and you play on then 1-4-1, id like to think this was the rule prior to this change personally, as you said if its a hit you cant check your self then fair enough, but we all know from championship upwards, if you think your hit, get a ref to check , simple as, if were not doing that as players then we can complain on decisions being made, it starts with us.

mr.lee

May 12, 2009
marshal law had a great day out was fun playing fields 4-5 same fieldsall day but different rules per field clarkie couldnt use a crono which was kind of funny. but all in all great day some calls go for you and some go against you rightly or wrongly really really good set up and well done for keeping a level head rich/mark cause must be a difficult job you do.

MattC

Head of The CPPS Mole Correction Facility.
Nov 11, 2008
i have NEVER personally seen a decision over turned
This has been my belief for 36 years.... No point arguing... they aren't going to change their mind..... until the game of Soccer 7's i played on Monday night. Dear god the ref was awful and changed his mind on several occasions. :D

I think the ruling should be quite simple. If you arent the Captain. You shouldn't even be talking to Refs. Abusive or threatening behavior is dealt with by a Ban. Cya, Bye, don't come again.

Reactions: basktm

leachy

Dec 1, 2005
Tamworth
In one game we played on Sunday an error of judgement was made by a ref that turned out to be in our favor. The opposing team (no names) went raving mad at the ultimate, a lot of it was abusive and uncalled for. I will agree that a mistake was made, it could have gone against us and maybe during the day a few did. Fair play to the ref for standing by his decision, that says a lot about your ref ;)
I think the refs do a great job in any weather, I don't think I would have reffed again if I had to take that abuse :tsk:

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
Rich if you could put a set of rules up that everybody can see,so people could not argue and also a code of conduct for players. maybe also in the back of the programme a summary of the rules so there can be no argument and also players can`t say they didn`t know:)

Mello

Sep 19, 2003
Romford
Visit site
Well after talking with done respected players this afternoon I will be implementing the new improvements to reffing at the next event.

This will make life easier for the refs and should be more consistent.

In simple terms if a player is shot and a referee has to tell the player he is eliminated then this will be followed by a 1-4-1 penalty as the rules state.
However if the shot is in area not deemed an obvious location ad the player has called for a check an not proceeded to play or participate in the game no penalty will be applied.

We did not want to go down this route as it's a little brutal but it seems te only way to protect the refs and help them do a better job.

This is how it should be. I know this isnt the mills series but if you acted like that to any of the refs even just swear even just in general, you would get 141 or 241 or even worse banned.

I must admit when i played on sunday, 2nd field from the car park, the ref on the side called me out which to me didnt look like a hit but that is paintball. I did question as i (the call not the hit) couldnt hear him because he whispered 'out' to me and didnt make the out signal. I did shout back in a nice way 'shout that im out louder then' :D

To go upto a player and whipser so i cant hear you then walk back to your spot ?? that is rubbish. Run up to the player and at the top of your voice with your hand on your head and arm at them shout OUT and im sure you will have less of an argument :) Say it like you mean it :)

Scare them hehe

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Rich if you could put a set of rules up that everybody can see,so people could not argue and also a code of conduct for players. maybe also in the back of the programme a summary of the rules so there can be no argument and also players can`t say they didn`t know:)
Read the rules? That's asking a lot.

:)

Andy Steele

P8ntball isn't a sport
Sep 2, 2005
manchester
Just do as the millenniums do. If you back chat a ref, it's a one for one. There's an ultimate on the field for a reason. Have a sensible chat after the game. If there's more than 3 complaints in one day about such ref, coach and support him to get him to a comfortable state. If that doesn't work. Don't let him ref

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
jono know what you mean but,if they don`t read them they can`t argue simpleeez:)
also players should respect refs like they do in rugby ,answer too that you argue 1 match ban