Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Royal mail and paintball guns

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
I went to pick up a parcel today and found a leaflet on what can and cant be sent with royal mail and parcelforce...

print date was may 2013, however it says guns for sporting use CAN be sent with both of these,

"guns for sporting use
(section 1 and section 2 firearms, low powered air weapons and their component parts."
low powered air weapons are only thing accepted by parcel force and the senders details must be clearly marked on the parcel.

so paintball guns can be sent?

weapons that arent allowed
"(including section 5 firearms, CS gas and pepper sprays, flick knives, tasers and stun guns). <- no mention of air and paintball

or am i missing something?

jfp

May 13, 2011
Oxford
Sent markers via royal mail before, just make sure no batteries or gas are in the marker and you should be fine :)

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
yeah i have aswell but i say its sports equipment, pretty sure not so long back i read there was hassle with Royal mail and parcelforce regarding paintball guns. i know they have a dislike to bottles and like to destroy them

Abyss

Feb 11, 2014
Kettering
I had two bottles delivered by Royal Mail but they where packed in a square box,like wise, I have had 3 markers sent by parcel force again in there boxes,I doubt they would deliver if a gun shaped package came through there system but a square box is a square box,I was even surprised to have my co2 sparklet delivered by the post man as I thought it may contravene some rule

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
The wording on Royal Mail and Parcel Force prohibited items differ. Both quote sporting guns, section 1/2 firearms etc and low powered air.

Royal Mail do not appear to explicitly prohibit paintball guns, but Parcel Force do. Parcel Force will accept paintball guns, but mention this for contract customers only and with written permission to do so.

No matter what the prohibitions and restrictions you can post anything, you may or may not get away with it, and if it gets lost you may or may not get compensation.

http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/sending-a-marker-through-parcelforce-post-office.160612/

A service for Section 1 and 2 firearms and low-powered airguns (as defined by the Firearms Act 1968, as amended), imitation firearms, de-activated guns, antique firearms and paintball guns is available to contract customers only, at the absolute discretion of Parcelforce Worldwide, and is subject to Parcelforce Worldwide providing prior written agreement in advance.

Abyss

Feb 11, 2014
Kettering
Just to revive this thread again,after today's news that the recruitment offices in England are being targeted by letter bombs once again,it may cause an issue with sending markers and related equipment we use through the mail,as I am sure they will be stepping up there vigilance and use of scanning equipment,and a milsim or a tourney marker may well cause concern for them,cylinders may well attract a lot of attention if ex rayed.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Just to revive this thread again,after today's news that the recruitment offices in England are being targeted by letter bombs once again,it may cause an issue with sending markers and related equipment we use through the mail,as I am sure they will be stepping up there vigilance and use of scanning equipment,and a milsim or a tourney marker may well cause concern for them,cylinders may well attract a lot of attention if ex rayed.
Just to add to that:
For carriers that have them as prohibited / restricted it will increase the odds of getting caught, possible destruction and fines
For those that don't then it is not a real issue as paintball guns are legal, (even real guns are legal in the uk with the appropriate licence)
The only legal issue for paintball guns would be if they were picked up as RIFs, which is in the eye of the beholder, doesn't count if it is one of the stated bright colours, and is an offence committed by the seller if deemed to be a RIF and cannot support the buyers exemption.

Tincs

retired from reality :-)
Nov 9, 2007
NEWQUAY
posted some gear yesterday and all royal mail was concerned about was were there any batteries in the parcel.
tincs

Tincs

retired from reality :-)
Nov 9, 2007
NEWQUAY
i think the trick is when they ask whats inside dont mention the GUN word and be honest about it...oh take the batteries out :)