Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Royal Mail Prohibited Goods

Scib

Lifetime Platinum Member
May 7, 2009
Aberdeen, Scotland
Could someone clear something up for me in regards to prohibited good being send via Royal Mail
I want to focus specifically on Air Tanks and Markers if possible.

I was on the phone to the Royal Mail a week on Wednesday ago and the woman confirmed to me that Paintball Markers come under sporting goods, this also goes to air tanks aswell. She did however mention that if the air tank has air in it will be disposed of. Which I can see why, but however I've posted quite a few air tanks in the past but the most recently one was contained for examination and was declared this morning as a prohibited good.

When ever I send any of my items that I sell they are cleaned, and de-aired so that it falls under the regulations. So, am I doing something I shouldn't be doing or?

Edit:
What I don't understand is that the person that bought the air tank off of me contacted the Royal Mail and was informed that the "The air system was fine, so they've tried to return it to you, but you didn't put a return address on it, so now it is at the Belfast return centre and you will need to contact them in order to get it back" But today its marked to be disposed of.

Last edited:

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
It's marked for disposal because they don't have details to send back to you
You will need to contact them to make any arrangements - expect to pay a £20 fine & any return costs

It has failed their checks for being a compressed air cylinder, it may be drained but with the regulator attached it's still prohibited

Scib

Lifetime Platinum Member
May 7, 2009
Aberdeen, Scotland
It's marked for disposal because they don't have details to send back to you
You will need to contact them to make any arrangements - expect to pay a £20 fine & any return costs

It has failed their checks for being a compressed air cylinder, it may be drained but with the regulator attached it's still prohibited
Thanks Tom, I have tried to get in contact with them but Royal Mail don't have the number for the National Return Centre so that I can get it forwarded onto the buyer/return to myself.

Chaz987

That guy
Jul 5, 2011
Swindon
I sent an air bottle no problem just this morning through Royal Mail, they didnt ask any questions.

Ballantin

Jul 13, 2013
Milton Keynes
New air tanks come with the regulator on. Even if they are new... it is the same case I think. But they are not picking up new tanks from the post.

Scib

Lifetime Platinum Member
May 7, 2009
Aberdeen, Scotland
Just a heads up on the outcome of this situation I had with Royal Mail.

They have changed their Dangerous Goods list and are classing air tanks as canisters but in the past they didn't have the facilities to check as much parcels as they can now. They have apparently increased the amount by around 30% meaning a bigger chance they can catch air tanks being send with Royal Mail. They will take it and dispose of it and there is no compensation. So I advice you to send it with a Courier like CityLink, DPD or any other courier service.