Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Rubbish hopper or reballs?

AsylumDave

Styling THE CLAW 2010
Mar 9, 2009
Ok guys i'm using a 2nd hand Evolution 2 hopper and i'm not getting anywhere near the drop rate i want. I have brand new duracell batteries in it but it seems the balls are being fed in drips n drabs. Now so far i've only tested it with reballs, does this have anything to do with the problem? I was thinking maybe with them being rubber they may be harder to get down the hole in the hopper? Hmmmmm any ideas?

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
Ok guys i'm using a 2nd hand Evolution 2 hopper and i'm not getting anywhere near the drop rate i want. I have brand new duracell batteries in it but it seems the balls are being fed in drips n drabs. Now so far i've only tested it with reballs, does this have anything to do with the problem? I was thinking maybe with them being rubber they may be harder to get down the hole in the hopper? Hmmmmm any ideas?
Try it with paintballs and see if it changes.

Also I am sure they did a Z board for the Evolution hopper which was a faster feed rate, you may want to check it has the Z board. If it has the standard board that maybe why the feed rate is slow.

TGR

Oct 12, 2008
iirc the z board was std in the evo3's if your evo2 egg has a z board in it then i dont think it will have a component on the board for changing the speed, like a dimmer switch... on the right side of the on/off switch been awhile since i saw an egg so could be the other side! there are ways of making your egg faster but unless your out shooting it theres no point opening it to "mod" it when you can buy somthing like a halo,reloader b etc etc off the classified section on this site found here link for buying shizzle for about 35-45 pound, get stuck post again or pm me :)

AsylumDave

Styling THE CLAW 2010
Mar 9, 2009
I'm not sure about a board on it but it does have adjustable speed, allegedly up to 17bps but its getting noway near that with the reballs. Its putting them out at about 3 balls a second and its erratic.

AsylumDave

Styling THE CLAW 2010
Mar 9, 2009
Lubed the reballs, fixed the problem. They weren't being released from the spinning wheel previously.

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
...and eggs are not the best for reballs. Oh, and what did you lube them with? Oil will kill the coating. See www.reball.se - "Q. Do I need to use a lubricant like the other synthetic balls?
A.No. In fact, never use lubricant as it can damage Reballs™."

AsylumDave

Styling THE CLAW 2010
Mar 9, 2009
Just used the Dye lube i was given with the marker. Its fixed the problem but as for the state of the balls...well we'll have to see :p Its not a massive worry though, i'm only using them to run my gun in a little before i hit the field :)