Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

Rule Changes.

Discussion in 'Formula 5's' started by John Sosta, Jan 6, 2013.

1. John Sosta Active Member

John Sosta
    Message Count:
    No coaching this year this has been done to tie in with millennium and to make it easier on team having to provide a coach each game .

We are toying with the idea to reduce BPS to 12 bps instead of the current 15 bps this should help teams use less paint and make overshooting harder. ( Input from teams here needed )

Care_Bears likes this.
  2. wiggles01 Durham DV8

wiggles01
    Message Count:
    10.5 to save me changing my marker settings would suit me, mind I have been running that for the last year anyway..
    W

Care_Bears, Ainsley and cheyenne like this.
  3. Ainsley CPPS Chief Chimp

Ainsley
    Message Count:
    I agree - makes sense to run it in line with what's out there in Europe at the moment and saves everyone some £ at the end of the day as well :)

Care_Bears and wiggles01 like this.
  4. phil-boy UK Redskins

phil-boy
    Message Count:
    John, the BPS does seem a good idea, I personally agree with wiggles to reduce to 10.5, but if you feel 12 will suffice then go for it.

Cant wait to get back over to yours and play this again - have you got any other changes lined up for this year ??

Care_Bears and wiggles01 like this.
  5. John Sosta Active Member

John Sosta
    Message Count:
    There are a few things I cant talk about atm, the NPPL is semi 15bps the PSP is 12.5 the NXL was also 15 bps its only the millennium that is 10.5 and that is because laneing is a major part of the game in xball but in F5 its not.
    Even after speaking to certain influential people who where in Paris they all agreed that 10.5 was not really needed in F5 12 bps is not much more than 10.5 so if you want you run 10.5 you will not be uncompetitive remember the reason for this format was to get rid of the pissing players off with long checks on guns checking to see if they start to ramp .1 of a bps before they should.

phil-boy and wiggles01 like this.
  6. bug Platinum Member

bug
    Message Count:
    Personally I never liked 15, I never changed my gun so it was 10.5 for the season on mils and as the majority running on mils would save people having to adjust their guns each time

7. weihrauch hw London Sock

weihrauch hw
    Message Count:
    If i had a choice, i would also prefer 10.5, paintball need to organize a bit more, and keeping all european leagues as similar as possible is the way forward, so 10.5 would be best in my opinion, but what ever it is, its still an awesome event.

8. Gadget Platinum Member

Gadget
    Message Count:
    Another vote for 10.5 - the lower the better in my book. Less paint, less overshooting, more movement, no faffing changing settings between F5 and the mills.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  9. Donk Gorrilaz

Donk
    Message Count:
    I also like 10.5, its fast enough

10. secret-squirrel London Tigers

secret-squirrel
    Message Count:
    I was also shooting 10.5 whenever i played last year, seems plenty fast enough to me