The Home Of European Paintball

Rumours abound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
No, you don't deserve it, neither does he. Or his wife. Neither do any of the moderators, organisers or ANYONE involved in running games, forums or facebook groups. It is a game. People need to get some perspective on life.

Neither do people deserve half arsed rumours served up attacking their business, which when proved to be erroneous are glossed over.
First point I absolutely agree with.

Second point too, as long as that also applies to all parties because there's been plenty of mouthing off done on all sides.

And yes, there is always 2 sides to a story, you'd be amazed at the other side. Believe me.
I'd say we'd both be very surprised what happens on the other side and I can safely assure you I'm not going to fall out with anyone over it.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
What has Tim done for paintball? - tried to make as much money out of it as possible, same as everyone else in the business who is in it as a business, no different than anyone else in business.

I always chortle when I read about industry people doing stuff "for the good of the game", they are doing it for the good of their pocket, even things like promoting the game to new audiences and protecting the interests of players are only done to ensure their businesses have a future.

There does seem to be more rumours than most hovering around Tim, particularly concerning peoples disappointment at expectations not being met at big games and this generally seems to be because promotional adverts for the games make a lot of claims which people feel haven't been fulfilled.

I've never experienced a shoreline game so can't speak from personal experience, partially because I've not been to a big game for years and the interesting venues he has proposed for some that would normally get me interested have been ruined in my eyes by the use of clear paint.

Reactions: leach and Dusty

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Niall - I won't comment on the relative censorship of this forum, but with regard to Facebook it does seem to be a one-way street. Case in point were the (subsequently deleted) accusations made regarding other retailers telling their sponsored teams not to play Shoreline events. A false accusation that one of the retailers attempted to respond to, only to be banned and their response deleted. I didn't see anyone else stepping up to protest that they were being unfairly silenced, just lots of 'likes' by people who knew no better.

Last edited:

niallist

SPS - First 9
Nov 2, 2008
London
I'm not getting sucked into a "he said", "she said" argument about something I have nothing to do with.

Let the traders fight their own battles.

Adam Axford

Northern Devils Captain #89
Nov 14, 2013
Greater Manchester
I think to sum it all up:
Tigers weren't there due to several players having personal reasons to not attend
Valken had no prizes for podium teams
The BBQ / Party did happen however it wasn't really communicated well on the day and some teams missed out
Filming of games also happened and some of them or highlights may be going on youtube if/when they have chance to do so (I hope this does happen as I'd like to watch them)
It may be that some teams just didn't go over to the tent to properly check (myself and Northern Devils are guilty of this) however about 45 mins after all games had finished there was still nothing going on there and we hadn't been given any wristbands.
Having read the facebook updates from valken / shoreline it would appear the bbq was a front to try and sign teams up for paint deals for next season, fair play to them, they signed up 4 teams!

Reactions: niallist
Status
Not open for further replies.