Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Running and shooting (accurately!)

MattNiemier

May 28, 2014
in woodsball, you need to get as far as you can as quickly as possible, but making sure that you have your team on your left and right (if youre in the middle) so that you dont get flanked this way youll win most games. games where you have to get to a middle building, get to the building immediatly, don't stop at all. this seems obvious but ive seen lots of guys with all the gear sitting at the back expecting just to magicly win the game.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Hello guys, this topic is very interesting and helpful to me. Here is how Jason Edwards (Tampa Bay Damage) explains this skill:
In this video the guy is talking how to do properly "burning" -

Can you tell me what to do (where to aim) if I want to hit a runner when I'm running and gunning in the same direction like him?

Sorry for my bad English
He means don't shoot at the opponents, shoot a lane in front of the opponent, but as you are moving aim behind the point you intend to land for him

Marin

Jun 6, 2014
Thank you for the explanations. I know that when I run and gun the stream of paint goes in the same direction at the end of its flight such as "apex hook". That's why I have to aim behind the point. Sorry, my question wasn't correct. I will try to explain in more detail. I want to know what is better when I'm moving and trying to hit a running target. Should I shoot in only one point (for example 1m close to the bunker) or I should look for a "moving point" in front of the runner? In the second version the angle of my marker doesn't change and it's easier for me but the problem is where exactly is that "moving point"? It depends from distance to the target and its speed. On Millennium's fields the distance between opposite runners is about 40-45m and there is not much difference between their speed.

In my opinion one good drill for running and shooting is when you test your technique with partners in real conditions (actual distance, alive target and paint). One guy runs and shoots, and the another is just alive target and shows where the balls go. It's better if there is one more helper who watches the target closely.

I apologize for any mistakes in my English, I'm still learning.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
I was taught, at the last few clinics I've done, that a runner should be shooting back to the center at the guys laning for the other team. Hitting a moving target whilst you are moving is bloody difficult! But hitting a static target, or at least putting enough paint near him to make him flinch off the lane, is possible with practise.

rob hemingway

Invert Mini
Sep 8, 2013
Hull
My advice would be....

1. Pick your destination before you break cover, no point running around like a headless chicken.
2.I tend to keep my arms locked in the firing postion, and aim around by turning my waist left or right.
3. Always look where your shooting, but keep one eye on your run. (dont trip over that log or fall into that ditch)
4.Move fast and don't hang around, if the ground is soft enough slide on your knees as you get to cover (if your under fire)
5.Sometimes its best not to fire when running as it gives your position away.

Hope this helped.

Regards