Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

running and shooting, muggings--how did you master the technique??

blackhawkjac

...!?#@-/?!...
Nov 29, 2005
Grantham
www.northernquarterpb.com
The question's practically the thread title, basically i want people's ideas on how to practice this with your teams and at home, and the different ways you can do this. I know this is a bit vague, so feel free to ellaborate on a particular aspect. Cheers!

Magic_8ball

$outh $ide
Sep 24, 2005
Probably Licking AL France...
Visit site
Muggings something which just comes naturally in my opinion, the only hard bit about it is just daring to get ur ass outta your bunker and do something. its easier if its a 2v1 and theyre distracted, if they dont know where u are, let ur man keep them pinned or draw his fire, then stroll up on his blind side, dont put 15 balls into the back of his head though, not unless u want a well deserved smack at least.

Running and shootings a lot harder, and a skill which u use when mugging some1, best drills for it we've found are running and shooting a stationary point, try at different speeds and shooting from different positions etc. When you have that dialled, try shooting moving targets whilst moving, ie jousting, 1 player on each tape, opposite ends of the field, run the length at the same time whilst trying to gun the other down, same movements used for bunkering, but at a longer range making it harder.

Just ideas, im by no means a pro ;) hehe

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
Good drills to do for running and shooting are placing 4 targets behind/next to/on top of bunkers. As you would from the break run to your primary, then snap shoot the first target, move up and repeat. to make it harder only do one shot at a time before you go back behind your bunker.

two on two drill such as 2 font guys vs to back guys the back guys want the flag while the backs have to hold you off (or elim you) for 2 minutes. This is good as you will practice moving on people while ther shooting at you.

Better techniques to practice (instead of bunkering) are probly wrapping and posting up, so you get the advantage over another player, this allows you to hold your area of the field get some kills and go home for tea and medals!

I agree with magic_8ball mugging is just your instincts.

BTW this is very general, depends on the field and the position you play.

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
There was a bit thread on things to practice at home can find it tho, try snap shooting a mirror so you can see what your profile looks like, keep you elbow in hopper low and make sure you don't stick your gun out before you can see other wise you give your opps a target before you can react.

+ one this i practice is play switch (i.e. shooting with your other hand) make sure you have a good stance and don't go off balance.

Found it, couldn't see for looking!

http://67.19.5.132/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50586

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
i have a few theorys about mugging...difference types of mugging for different situations and stuff but my number 1 bunker monkey rule is this:

if the idea comes into your head in the middle of a game to go do a mugging....then your brain has subconciously weighed up the situation.....stop thinking about it any more than that.....DO IT and do it NOW! learn to trust your instincts.

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Agree with jahlad - if it feels right go for it! However...

If you have the time to plan it make sure that your hopper's full and working and that your gun is working! No point running the length of the field to pull off a mug to find that your eyes are smegged and your gun won't fire.;)

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
its all about cones.

4 or more cones set up in a zig zag pattern, 15 yards away from each other.. Run and shoot the first cone, as you go round it, switch hands and shoot the next cone. repeat

and then just do it in a game. its all instinct.