Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

running and shooting, muggings--how did you master the technique??

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
To be serious for a second....Samsta, I don't think your advice is that great. Shooting and moving effectively in a game means doing so in a way that enables you to shoot the opposition without being hit yourself (obviously). However, to do this you need to keep your top half stable (as you suggest) but also often have to make sudden halts/changes in direction to dodge balls/lines of paint. You need to be able to weave as you shoot and move and still keep your shooting line steady.. There is nothing particularly hard about shooting and moving well in a straight line at constant speed like on a treadmill. Infact a much more skilled shoot and mover can do so in almost a zig-zag style manner (when they need to). I don't believe it's a skill you can hone to a strong level on a treadmill. To stay alive in the open you need to be ready to fool your opponents, especially the way markers shoot today.
The best way to practise is to get out there and drill, then test what you have learnt against better players in diff shoot move senarios, then drill and repeat.

Samsta

As Others Withdraw, We Push On.
Sep 6, 2005
N.Yorks
Originally posted by matski
To be serious for a second....Samsta, I don't think your advice is that great. Shooting and moving effectively in a game means doing so in a way that enables you to shoot the opposition without being hit yourself (obviously). However, to do this you need to keep your top half stable (as you suggest) but also often have to make sudden halts/changes in direction to dodge balls/lines of paint. .
Im just saying this works well for me others may want to try it.....i know many people goto the gym any way whilst your there you may want to try it out one day... but there was no need to dissmiss my opinion/suggestion completely.
Regards
Sam

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
I don't dissmiss it mate, just don't feel that you can get the most from this kind of drill using a treadmill. No offense intended, I just say it like it is.

Jayrider

Northern Storm
May 8, 2005
Newcastle Upon Tyne
www.starsuk.tk
when running have your body facing the direction your going (feet, legs and stomach), upper body (shoulders, head) pointing the way your shooting, have mask, marker tight and aim where you want to shoot (hope this makes sense, ive ahd a few), also be ready to change running direction if you see your about to run into a line of paint :p

Bedane

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2004
Jersey
samster
Im just saying this works well for me others may want to try it.....i know many people goto the gym any way whilst your there you may want to try it out one day... but there was no need to dissmiss my opinion/suggestion completely.
Regards
Sam
i dont think i would be allowed to do that over in jersey, with paintball guns being classed as a firearms. Better to do as matski says imo, but hey whatever works for you cant be a bad thing

Jack

Cusack

Oct 17, 2005
i think practicing helps as well. Before you go over to play against the better players and try your skills, think about building your confidence with more average players. I dont mean invite a load of newbies and wipe them off the field, just dont play at a level you're not comfortable with or it could be detrimental with you getting shot to hell repeatedly.

I hope that makes sense..

NorthIrish

Apr 30, 2005
Bristol
Visit site
I use the 'convoy' field at our local site. Pick a series of targets on opposite sides, run down the middle shooting them, changing hands all the time (right, left, right, etc). As i got better i moved to smaller targets ( windows to wing mirrors, headlights etc) and ran faster. Then you can mark points to zig and zag, or get a mate to shout 'change' at random points.

Not ideal, but it all helps.

DO NOT try this in your local Tesco's carpark if your local site lacks a suitable field!