Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Running and Shooting

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
It ain't so much about where you hold your marker, though the shoulder will be more stable if done correctly. The most important thing todo is use your body as a shock absorber. Walk around at about two thirds of your normal height, if you are 6 feet tall, have your head at 4 feet. This way you have a "hinge" in your body, which will enable you to walk or run whilst keeping your upper body relatively still.
As usual, this will require practice.

richardmawer

Playing since 1986 - Still shooting fools
May 15, 2003
Lincolnshire
digitalmediaedge.co.uk
Practice Practice Practice !!

Two types of running and shooting - running at and running across !!!

Obviously running across (or past) is more difficult to be accurate. At our last training session we spent alot of time practicing running and shooting. The easiest way is to bend your knees slightly, and keep the upper body perfectly still, locking the gun into your shoulder. We ran the drill at walking pace and then speeded up slowly - until we were accurate - even running at nearly full speed.

Then you've got to master it with your off-hand - and switch hands - left to right - hitting targets on both sides - as you run down a field. Not easy - but it comes with practice.

Also - try shooting from the hip - can offer a very stable platform if done properly.

Rich

Andymi86

Nov 12, 2002
Spokane, Washington, USA
Visit site
This may sound weird, but i also have a way of being stable while running. Lower you center of gravity a little, and when you run point your toes out and only land on your toes not your heals. It's hard to explain, and you look like a dork, but if done right your upper bidy won't move at all. I learned this in marching band because it is hard to run and play an insturment when your upper body isn't stable. I havn't tried it in a game yet tho.

-Andy

thiaknee

suckin diesel
my two bob

heres a technique that i found works for running and shooting
Firstly gain a comfortable hold postion with yer gat one you automatically go into when yer moving. This should become second nature so its how you always have it.
now at various distances fire some shots in this hold. Watch where the balls go. Now practice running side to side to start with this will let you get acoustomed to firing lines see how accurate yer hits become when you get more practice in.
heres the dificult bit now youve got moving like a crab and laying down plaines of paint well practiced start trying to pan up and down returning to your set hold after taking a few shots. this alows you to snap into your normal hold sraight away.
Theoretiacly this method should work for you as long as you can always snap into the same hold you can work from there.
The basic idea is to now what yer hitting with out having yer gat up at yer face the tighter and firmer you can hold yer gun into yourself and still now where it will fire the easier it is to move and judge where paint is going to land.
Hope this helps some people ive found it works for me but dont get much use for it other then off the break as im aback player