Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

running+shooting

Discussion in 'Gold Board' started by smalltimeganster, Nov 27, 2002.

1. smalltimeganster New Member

smalltimeganster
    Message Count:
    what is the best way to run quickly and shoot accurately at the same time?
    cheers

2. Tonymicjoe Master Blaster

Tonymicjoe
    Message Count:
    Its tricky!...

Dude, i've always found its a trade off. the faster you run the less accurate you are. Try running with your legs bent, kind of a crouch and you'll acheive a happy medium. Also think about running to a spot, shooting to your sweet spot and running on. Very effective...

3. weedave #0

weedave
    Message Count:
    Tony Nailed it.

When im running i like to bend my knees and crouch down a bit before getting ready to Fire my Marker.

Dave

4. Andy F*ck Those Guys

Andy
    Message Count:
    balance is always good.trying to keep ur gun steady,
    oh and look where ur going trying to move and shoot at the last man, just remember the other teams gate looms quite quicky:D :D

5. jeff Banned

jeff
    Message Count:
    If you want to run fast and shoot you have to shoot from the hip. This way you can see alot more and you are in a more natural running position. The added advantage is that your marker is more protected from incoming paint.

Ive also found that it is pointless to try and sweet spot when running (talking from a front players perspective). What I aim to do when shooting off the break is to just get as much paint in the oppositions half of the field as I can. Think about it...you can see and avoid accurate "lines" of paint but if you have just got a wall of random paintballs coming at you, you have far less chance of avoiding them.

Just my opinion and I have found that it does work. You may not eliminate anyone off the break but if you manage to make players drop short or check their runs you have gained an advantage.

Jeff

6. Cook$ Just the tip....

Cook$
    Message Count:
    y'ever tried that 'spottin from the hip crap? and i tend to play with my tank on my shoulder, coz im only weeny, which makes it much more stable for runnin and firin. shot a dude out at campaign doin that.

7. MrPink Banned

MrPink
    Message Count:
    The trick is to watch loads of 'Special Forces/Swat' Movies and copy the way they run.
    At least that's my excuse:p

8. Cook$ Just the tip....

Cook$
    Message Count:
    i learnt everything i know about paintball from Chuck Norris.

9. joe bob copyright '03

joe bob
    Message Count:
    1. Chuck Norris never runs out of ammo
    2. Chuck Norris never misses
    Damn movie stars, people are always coppiing them and getting hit:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

10. Syd (NSPL) NSPL and Pr0to KotH

Syd (NSPL)
    Message Count:
    Bit of a tired saying, this one, but the only way to get good at it is to practice. Try putting a 12"x12" board on a 1m post and planting into the ground in a shooting lane at one end of a Sup'Air field. Then go to the other end and break out running (heading for your primary at a realistic speed) and trying to shoot the board - it aint as easy as you'd think.

Keep trying until you are hitting the board at least once every time you break out - that's not as easy as it sounds. Then come back next week and do it again... and again... and again.

It's a vital part of the game. Teams that are good at shooting off the break stand a good chance of winning a lot of their games (as long as they can do eveything else well too of course).