Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

running+shooting

Discussion in 'Gold Board' started by smalltimeganster, Nov 27, 2002.

1. NulodPBall New Member

NulodPBall
    Message Count:
    Mr Pink: Ummm...it depends on what you mean by "Colorful". If you mean the kind of bar where alot of the cars sport "rainbow" stickers, then I can tell you where one is 'cause my old girlfriend used to have it's old phone number as her phone number (it's near Belmont pier, to the south on Ocean), and West Hollywood has alot more...if by "Colorful" you mean where the color is "pink" and dollar bills abound, then there are a few (you'll pass by them but won't know it) near the freeways (the full nude bars are alcohol free by California law...but if there's a regular bar next to it...), and if you want a little more "color" than the local scene provides (some of the donkeys have stripes) then Mexico is just a little over an hour away. In Orange County (where you'll be) they're a little conservative so they actually tend to follow the "no touch" rule...ahem, from what everyone tells me. LA, and Riverside County tend to be a little more lax, so I'm told. If in-room entertainment is in order, go to any coffee shop or record store and pickup the "Orange County Weekly" and look in the back...we initiated a teammate once in Las Vegas that way; of course he was totally unprepared and freaked out a little and got ribbed forever afterward...he's in the new Dye catalog :) ...don't be rude, and you might be surprised...or so I'm told. LA is only about 40 minutes away...but if you want to visit the Land of Silicone, South Orange County is a good start. The women tend to be fit and drive expensive cars, even if they can't afford it.

Richard: Well, okay, I bow to the Mud Gods in the UK. It's just that we rarely get rain (we got what, six inches last year but this year is an El Nino year), and when we do get rain it stands out 'cause A) Even if the road is barely wet, Californians freak out and get into accidents on the freeways and B) The only mud we hop into is really nasty and you can tell you've been in it 3 days later, and your pants sometimes get stained with green cow piss permanently.
    Yes, suppression has it's place. When my then current team won one of the 5-man NPPL's, I agreed to play back with three pods (two of them were only 100 rnd pods...hey, it was what I had) and I rarely got an elimination except when I bunkered someone. I spent most of my time pushing people in so my frontmen could go forward and yelling things that no-one could understand. Pushing in someone as you're moving, so that you can move kinda helps (= running + shooting = ability to move).

run, shoot, eliminate...must find targets or a bathroom... :cool:

Ray

2. MrPink Banned

MrPink
    Message Count:
    Thanks Ray - We're actually off to Amsterdam:D But I'll bear all that in mind if I ever come out your way

3. DarWood Dagenham Swarm

DarWood
    Message Count:
  4. your mom wears army boots

your mom
    Message Count:
    i still agree with hunted, i think this post should clear up any confusion. i can't shoot very accurately when hauling azz, and i only try to keep the person inside their bunker while i move, so i can move up to another bunker (suppressive fire). if i'm going to bunker them, i try to keep them down until i get there, or just sneak up on them silently. (especially in the woods, there's a story in that)
    i realize now that u guys only have semis, so yeah, i ackknowlage that it takes a lot of practice to move fast and shoot fast, but i don't believe that a person can fire fast, run fast, and hit a person in a bunker with ease consistently.

i shoot with my right, aim down the top of my marker with my left eye and rest my tank in my right arm, so i kinda walk sideways and i stay reeally low and compact. maybe thats why i think running adn shooting is hard. but i still say that running makes you "bounce" more, so keeping a steady aim is hard.

whatever.:rolleyes:

5. JoseDominguez New cut and carved spine!

JoseDominguez
    Message Count:
    I run full pelt head down, shocker in one-hand gangsta styley. Always make the 40, sometimes knock it over too, it's a helluva lot easier to shoot on the move if your big, otherwise the marker just knackers your balance, just aim in their general direction and spray, accuracy and moving fast just don't go together.

Your mom said:
    "i shoot with my right, aim down the top of my marker with my left eye and rest my tank in my right arm, so i kinda walk sideways and i stay reeally low and compact"
    You must have a very strangely shaped head mate, what have you got, eye stalks?

6. NulodPBall New Member

NulodPBall
    Message Count:
    Jose: "Your Mom" is probably what's called "Left Eye Dominant". It really sucks being Left Eye Dominant if you're right handed and you shoot a shoulder fired weapon/marker. Basically, if you aim with your non-dominant right eye, you suck. Partly this is why you should keep BOTH eyes open when you snap shoot. And when I remember to, if shooting right I shoot right handed, look down the right side of my marker, and try to keep my gun back far enough that my hopper doesn't stick out.

And yes, I believe in my earlier posts I mentioned that if I'm playing forward, I tend to run the first half of the way, then the second half I usually acquire a target if I ever do, and then I tend to shoot and pray as I'm trying to make the last half of my path to my bunker. If it's a really long run, I'll just try to make my bunker, and that's when I earn my "Three bouncer" nickname...if it's a low bunker, I usually hit the ground fairly hard, and early and I tend to kinda bounce into my bunker if the ground is grass covered.

Ray

7. JoseDominguez New cut and carved spine!

JoseDominguez
    Message Count:
    I'm a left-eye dominant science teacher, so :rolleyes:
    If you read his post, he states that he sights along the top of the marker with his left eye whilst cradling it in his right arm, this means that he's either got eye-stalks or a 90degree bend in his neck.
    I hold my marker high and site along the side (my hoppers in the way if I sight along the top).

If anyones interested heres how to test which eye is dominant.
    1) Cut a small hole (1cm square) in a large sheet of paper.
    2) Hold the paper about a foot in front of your face.
    3) look at a small object on the other side of the room.(through the hole).
    4) Close your left eye.
    Still looking at the object? then your right eye dominant.
    Looking at the paper? then your left eye dominant.
    5) Close your right eye
    Looking at the object? then your left eye dominant.
    looking at the paper? then your right eye dominant.

Why? because your dominant eye does the "looking" your other eye chips in the info for depth perception.

8. Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK Comic Relief

Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK
    Message Count:
    Ian

Please don't tell me that's how you shot me at STB when the Hellfish played the 6E marshals and you shot me on the break :eek:

Incdentally on the REALLY short field at STB last year I watched K2 play, and their centre guy sort of squatted low as he jogged to his baricade, keeping himself real low and shooting over his baricade (a lay-down coke can). It looked kinda painful, but he got in.

NulodPBall, that was deffinitely back in the day, I',m a frotn guy and I take more paint than that out! :p

Peace and mud (in the UK anyways)

Richard

9. JoseDominguez New cut and carved spine!

JoseDominguez
    Message Count:
    Nah, just aimed for your sock hat.
    I've tried the crouch-run, haven't you noticed my apelike, knuckle dragging bounce?

10. Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK Comic Relief

Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK
    Message Count:
    Sock hat? I don't wear a sock hat...

As long as you were actaully aiming... Will probably see it on the 19th mate, you can watch my desperate squirrel like dash that takes me to my bunker :D

Richard