Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

russian legion-sp=wot marker?

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I am sure peeps will disagree, but i don't think i could ever see RL go over to Angel 1's.

RL don't need any free stuff, they are likely to pay for whatever they want (although they wouldn't) and they would just want to use the very best markers available, so my guess is Dye Matrix.

I could be wrong, in fact it could all be a load of tosh.. Anyone on here who thinks they know what RL are thinking without any direct relationship with RL are probably deluded.... .

jim

(Flaming in 3.... . . 2.... . . . .1... . .) lol
Angel ones are some of the best markers available.
Lets face it, they are light, spit out 15 bps and reliable. whats the difference between the angels and egos again?

Who knows, if RL start shooting angels all of a sudden the fanboys will make them popular again.............

FirebirD

Grade 'A' Chump
Jun 22, 2006
Dorset
I think Macdev should try and get more teams on their side, they already have got rage, they should try and get RL too :D That'd be so good if MD got more teams on their side, they dont get That much promotion as it is, and they're very good gats, at the same level, if not better than egos.

G

Gassy

MacDev are a small company and cannot compete with what the likes of planet and smartparts offer teams.

The 06 ignition cyborg was probabley the best all round marker I have ever owned and I would buy a droid in a heatbeat if it did not mean instant castration by her in doors.

MacDev are like AKA as in that they build quality markers for a dedicated cult following of players.It is a shame they don't have a UK dealer:(

FirebirD

Grade 'A' Chump
Jun 22, 2006
Dorset
MacDev are a small company and cannot compete with what the likes of planet and smartparts offer teams.

The 06 ignition cyborg was probabley the best all round marker I have ever owned and I would buy a droid in a heatbeat if it did not mean instant castration by her in doors.

MacDev are like AKA as in that they build quality markers for a dedicated cult following of players.It is a shame they don't have a UK dealer:(
Ahh but they do!
http://www.velocity-paintball.co.uk/cube_cart/index.php

i've not personally done dealings with them, but we (riptide) played with the owner of that site in a bristol event a long way back.

Yeah, the ignition was very nice, very smooth, and the droid looks cool, but as I now own a viking, I probably wont need to get a backup, and its a nice gat, so I probably dont plan on upgrading any time soon, but its a shame MD cant compete vs planet or smartparts, but then again, its because they dont use such large advertising to 'bully' their way to the top, they make quality products, from the box, without needing any upgrades atall.

Basik

Platinum Member
Jan 11, 2007
UK
I don't think Dye will buy them.

Dye have plenty of good teams already, but you never know!

Cusack

Oct 17, 2005
m3s0h0rn7 said:
Here's my take on their options...

Planet Eclipse has a ton of teams right now. They're good people, make great guns and have their hands in alot of pots. With that being said, it's hard to imagine PE footing the bill for another international team, especially one as strong as RL. Legion has an amazing base, but I don't believe that Eclipse could handle that many teams for much longer with the way the market is and would be a great challange for the company to keep up with the team, PL markers, gear, etc.

Seeing as KEE is a major sponsor, it would make sense for an Angel deal to go through. With Angel rebuilding their base, it would be a good step for them to go back to their roots. Losing Rage is a big loss to the company for sure. Not many Pro teams have been shooting Angel's in the past few years, the line has pretty much died out when only years ago there was nothing better, and Dynasty and everyone else shot an Angel.

With that in mind, if the guns would hold up, RL could do extremely well with the Angel markers. A RL PL A1 would make alot of sense, but then the capacity at which Angel is opperating at the moment doesn't allow for too much play in that direction, so it could be very unlikely to see an RL Angel for quite sometime even if they did sign.

Macdev would make a great sponsor, but they aren't as big as the companies RL would need. I don't believe with the recent signing with Rage that Macdev could give Legion what they really needed. It seems like a distant option, but probably the most reasonable.

I wouldn't understand why SP wouldn't resign with the team. My best guess is they will sign a new contract or at least an extention. Has there been one word of SP NOT signing RL? I haven't heard any...

Dye would be an excellent choice. With RL shooting DM's, Dye could become a front runner in sales with the two largest teams on the NXL circuit under their umbrella. It would also cut out alot of competition between them and PE, and give RL a great opportunity to expand it's reach stateside. An RL DM8 would be nasty, and probably outsell their other PL DM's. If I were RL, I'd consider that my best option. I don't believe they've ever shot Dye guns, or their take on the markers, but it could be an amazing duo.

As for the rest, there isn't much else left out there. With a team like RL, I'd suppose a power house company would pick them up, or something to happen through KEE. SP is probably the best option as of now, but if that isn't a possibility, then Angel would make for a good deal. In the long run RL has many options out there, I just think the marjority of the market wouldn't be able to properly meet their needs.
QFT.