Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Russian Legion Xball...

gaff

www.hired-killaz.com
Mar 12, 2003
'in ya face baby!'
Originally posted by Red_Merkin

gyro, i ment what i said, Dynasty didn't look as convincing as RL.
i didn't say better, they just seemed to be more 'business' and less agg.

put it this way......Hardcore/Syndicate plus two guests ;) gave Dallasty a real hard time at one point they were looking as tho they were gonna take them.....now not takin anything away from Hardcore/syndicate cos they rocked, but the legion would have ripped them a new arse big time! no questions........

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Buddha 3

What's also kinda weird with the Legion is that they have no star players. Sure, some of them will be better than the others, but it seems almost as if they make a point of not having one of them stand out more than the rest
I beg to differ Jay, the two guys i value as the two best players are Mishka and Koystyan (sp?), they wear the blue and the flame bandanas, with Mike-O and Kiril being close 3rd and 4ths. These guys were outstanding in Paris and the Dam.

And Gaff, i dont think that it would be fair to assess how good Dynasty are on the basis of a few games against teams that stood no real chances of beating them. I believe the score earlier in the event against maximise was quite high was it not?;) I dont think that Dynasty looked particularly 'up for it' in any of the games they played, rather that they were going through the motions of playing in order to do just enough to win. If you can win without breaking into a sweat, then why bother?

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Originally posted by sjt19
I beg to differ Jay, the two guys i value as the two best players are Mishka and Koystyan (sp?), they wear the blue and the flame bandanas, with Mike-O and Kiril being close 3rd and 4ths. These guys were outstanding in Paris and the Dam.
I think you missed my point. I agree they have some players that could be superstars on any team, but for some reason they are not... Only a sad case knows their names ;) Well, you get my drift anyway. Most people on here wouldn't know them if they fell on their heads. Even at events, they don't make their presence felt outside the field, they just tend to "stick in the corner and not get in anyone's way". It's a difference in attitude, not playing ability that I'm talking about.

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Originally posted by Red_Merkin

gyro, i ment what i said, Dynasty didn't look as convincing as RL.
i didn't say better, they just seemed to be more 'business' and less agg.
I believe you, too. I was actually sorta making a joke about the European attitude toward Dynasty (a very good pro team) as the ultimate example of paintball prowess.

I expect the Legion is a great team, due to all the time and money going into them. They are focusing on Xball training, I understand, rather than maintaining a foot in multiple formats. I just have a hard time believing that the perrennial bridesmaids are going to sweep all in their path come August.

It will be exciting if I am wrong, and it would shake things up a lot, I imagine, bringing the life of a pro paintball player in the US that much closer to an athletic professionalism. I actually hope that RL show that their program of training is effective. It would indicate that paintball prowess can be elevated by discipline and proper backing, an idea that appeals to me. Combine that approach with raw talent and Xball games will get incredibly entertaining.

cjansen

Dazed and Confused
Jun 3, 2003
USA
Visit site
Originally posted by gyroscope
I expect the Legion is a great team, due to all the time and money going into them. They are focusing on Xball training, I understand, rather than maintaining a foot in multiple formats. I just have a hard time believing that the perrennial bridesmaids are going to sweep all in their path come August.
Did anyone else happen to notice that in the final against Joy in the DAM, the same 5 guys from RL played the first 9 games, and the score was 9-0? I'd like to see any other team own like that, and only field 5 players.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by gyroscope
I just have a hard time believing that the perrennial bridesmaids are going to sweep all in their path come August.

I actually hope that RL show that their program of training is effective.
August ain't gonna prove anything anything 'cus except for Infamous they won't be playing Xball teams--and, if the designs of the divisional Xball fields continue to look like LA and Orlando, the results will be inconclusive regardless of the outcome. (And, no, I'm not making excuses in advance for RL's triumph--precisely the opposite, actually.)

RL has already demonstrated the effectiveness of their efforts relative to the state of PB in the rest of world simply by actually being competitive regardless of final placing.

DK1

Jun 3, 2003
Visit site
And we all thought the threat of a Russian invasion was over with the passing of the 80's. :rolleyes:

I think it's a bit early to be handing them the plated hardware over here just yet. Nobody could stop Dynasty... well, until Infamous made them look bad in their FIRST event out. And now with NXL teams getting the green light to play NPPL stuff (Shock and Oakland already signed on for Denver), it might not be such a walk in the park for anyone. All the poseurs who filled in the vaccum from when the NXL was formed are going to get backhanded, and the teams that looked like the cream of the crop now have stiff competition.

All this to say, RL most likely isn't going to just be facing the cream puff Div 1 teams that used to be around. They might really get to test their stuff out against the real thing when they come over. Here's to hoping they win, I'm ready for a change personally.

War the legion going back to shooting left like they used to.
War them wearing the Eastern-European tight pants with stars on them (I always thought they looked like a troupe of traveling acrobats :)).
War Dynasty not making the semis.

[edit]I suppose I should ask, now that I've written this fine (imo) tyrade, is RL even going to play any NPPL, or are they only doing PSP now?[/edit]

DK1

*been listening to too much Jim Rome lately*

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
Red Merkin, as you suggest that we won't believe it until we see it... How many NXL matches have you watched? Just some food for thought
admittadly none,
once you see these dudes play though... just wait for it...

gaff

www.hired-killaz.com
Mar 12, 2003
'in ya face baby!'
Originally posted by sjt19
I believe the score earlier in the event against maximise was quite high was it not?;) I dont think that Dynasty looked particularly 'up for it' in any of the games they played, rather that they were going through the motions of playing in order to do just enough to win. If you can win without breaking into a sweat, then why bother?
whilst i agree with most of this quote Sam, the earlier game against Dallasty was a learning curve for Maximise, Magnus even said once they were quite a way behind they just went through the motions and employed a damage limitation plan to enable the players to save their energy for the show down in the final.

and having seen the effort Dalasty put in to try and smash them of the field but failed on most occasions, although the final outcome was a win it was certainly not an easy one by any stretch of the imagination! and my subsequent point from this (not wanting to upset Magnus of course ;)) is the legion would have swept through i feel regardless!