Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Russian Legion Xball...

Dec 19, 2002
Scotland
I think it would be great for the RL to goto the States n get their asses kicked, after-all they are owning **** up over here in Europe, but maning and the other Yanks that posted am afraid it aint gonna happen.

The Legion will goto the states and they will wipe any team that plays them across the floor. Now I aint gonna go on about how good they are and they do this n that and bla bla bla, however just remember these guys have fitness traininers specificly for paintball related fitness, diets they have to follow n all that stuff, they are totall machines, and they WILL roll any NXL open Xball team even Dynsaty will get mowed by these boys.

I dont say what I have said lightly, I'm a huge dynasty fan but I'm afraid they will be just another load of guys walking off the field with their hands in the air, and shots all over them.

I know someone from the USA is gonna say 'how many NXL teams have you seen play' or 'Legion can only own in Europe', well when August comes or whenever the RL go State side to bash heads, you will see what we are all talking about in Europe, I have no doubt what so ever RL will finish 1st Stateside absolutely none.

Fools will be gettin shot up

Mak D
:cool:

Ronnie Hollington

London Tigers #9
Aug 4, 2003
Mayhem
www.mayhem-paintball.co.uk
i think russian legion looked a lot better then ive ever seen them play. The field in amsterdam allowed them to have a lot more options, i do however feel though that they will struggle against the top american teams. ok they train 40 hours a week but what beats most team that play them is themselfs, the lack of belief that they can actually win. im not trying to take anything away from the russian they are the best in the EXL by a long way. there are however a few problems which Sergie is obvioulsy trying to address which would leave them a sirous second best against the best american NXL teams. (i will leave you guessing on this one ;D )

On top of this there is one major flaw in the russian team which will always mean they will remain a close second they are simply not mean enough. which personally i like :D (please dont address this problem)

now i have as much respect for them then anyone i get a long with a lot of there team im like there english teacher ;p im trying to look at things from another angle i thought they looked beatable in Paris, but amazing in amsterdam.

but you have to remember there is no substitute for playing the best week in week out. look how much champs league football improves a football player over a season, playing against the best is the only way to improve up to that level.

I think the Americans will use tactics that unfortunatly the Russians will never be able to beat net alone think of using.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Ronnie Hollington
..... there are however a few problems which Sergie is obvioulsy trying to address which would leave them a sirous second best against the best american NXL teams. (i will leave you guessing on this one ;D )

No Ronnie, please don't leave us guessing, pray enlighten us all to these 'problems' that will mean they are a 'sirous' second best !!

On top of this there is one major flaw in the russian team which will always mean they will remain a close second they are simply not mean enough. which personally i like :D (please dont address this problem)

Oh nooooooo, so, not only have they got the aforementioned problems, they now have this one major flaw as identified by yourself (frikkin heck Sergey's in real trouble here) in that they are not mean enough.
Out of the thousands of articles I have ever read on the subject of paintball, I don't think I have ever seen 'meanness' anywhere near the top of the list in top team requirements, but perhaps you know different !!!
Who needs to be mean when your technical game / tactical preparation and 'will to win' is soo damn good it smashes everybody before them???

now i have as much respect for them then anyone i get a long with a lot of there team im like there english teacher........

.....'then'...'there'..... 'a long'.......English teacher???

You're kiddin' me right???

I think the Americans will use tactics that unfortunatly the Russians will never be able to beat net alone think of using.
You don't think Sergey has thought about using every aspect of paintball play there has ever been and then some???
You don't know Sergey then !!!!

And you know Ronnie, listening to your truly insightful critique of the Russian Legion, I'm beginning to think they're in a whole lot of trouble when it comes to putting a paintball team on the field of play. I am gonna call Sergey and let him know just how much trouble he's in, especially when he comes up against the Yanks, I think he has a right to know :rolleyes:

Manning26

To somewhat echo Paul the Cow, Dynasty/Legion will be fun, but Infamous/Legion will be the real test. That's the only true X-Ball team RL will get to face unfortunately. Even so, it's hard for me to imagine Dynasty going quietly into the night. A lop-sided victory is too hard for my caffiene addled brain to register..... of course there isn't much I can say honestly, I haven't seen the new and improved Russian Legion. Actually, I know I'll catch flak now, but it's hard for me to imagine the Naughty Dogs allowing RL an easy win either. Hmmm...

What I DO know for sure, is that I might actually enjoy watching a game of X-Ball for the first time in its short history. ;)

Pete, wanna' make a friendly wager?:)

Glorykid

The One and Only
Jul 9, 2002
MK
well im gonna back the russkie's they did look awesome, even max lundqvist said nxl teams need to fear the russian machine.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Manning26
To somewhat echo Paul the Cow, Dynasty/Legion will be fun, but Infamous/Legion will be the real test. That's the only true X-Ball team RL will get to face unfortunately. Even so, it's hard for me to imagine Dynasty going quietly into the night. A lop-sided victory is too hard for my caffiene addled brain to register..... of course there isn't much I can say honestly, I haven't seen the new and improved Russian Legion. Actually, I know I'll catch flak now, but it's hard for me to imagine the Naughty Dogs allowing RL an easy win either. Hmmm...

What I DO know for sure, is that I might actually enjoy watching a game of X-Ball for the first time in its short history. ;)

Pete, wanna' make a friendly wager?:)
Hey Jase, I might be one of the Legion's strongest advocates but I ain't being taken in by a lot of this hysteria.
I have never said they would beat all the Yanks, I do however believe they will now compete with them.

There was always a slight shortfall in their performances when it came to securing that elusive win but I believe their technical game and tactical preparation is such that these shortfalls are now outweighed.

They ain't gonna bash the cr@p outa Dynasty no more than Dynasty, or any of the other top yanks are gonna bash the cr@p outa the Russkies.

The game of XBall has allowed Sergey to get a stronger grip on proceedings because XBall limits options compared to traditional 7 man.
As soon as variables are restricted, this then allows a greater degree of control and the Russian game is all about control.

As for a wager?
I will bet you this, when the Russkies play any of the top American teams in XBall, it's gonna be one helluva game...as long as the judges are as good and as unbiased as those we had in Amsterdam :)
Oh, and the American teams are also banned from using their....hmmmmm...how shall I put it.....enhanced markers shall we say.

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
I'll wager $100 on RL beating Dynasty at X-ball the first time they meet.

But when it comes to RL V's Infamous or the Assassins I'd be a bit more timid. A gentleman's bet of $1 and first round...

I wouldn't be suprised if they won, but I think it would be tougher.

I love the Dynasty guys but they seem to be better at 7-man than X-ball. Obviously they are good at both and I don't mean to take anything away from them at all.

One of the best X-ball teams of late seems to be Trauma. Watching them play recently has been very impressive.

Manning26

Originally posted by Robbo

I have never said they would beat all the Yanks, I do however believe they will now compete with them.

There was always a slight shortfall in their performances when it came to securing that elusive win but I believe their technical game and tactical preparation is such that these shortfalls are now outweighed.

The game of XBall has allowed Sergey to get a stronger grip on proceedings because XBall limits options compared to traditional 7 man.
As soon as variables are restricted, this then allows a greater degree of control and the Russian game is all about control.
Agreed, if ever paintball will appear a chess game, this will be it. See, it all plays back into my 'Searching for Bobby Fischer' movie note... Fischer vs. Spassky, 'Mericans vs. Russkies, freedom vs. control, all of it a projection of our two societies, the ultimate sh..... man, we need to make some posters.

Simon, I don't even know if I know what $100 looks like, I'm afraid I'll have to decline.