Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sale and wanted thread 20 post count idea?

dave t

GWC #25
Oct 25, 2001
North East
Visit site
having stalked the classifieds for many years now, I can absolutely guarantee that the 'must-have' item that you simply can not wait for, will either

a) still be there in a months time
or
b) have been replaced by another identical one, possibly even better/cheaper

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Wouldn't that be the responsibility of those that vouched for them though? It does seem like a reasonable ideas although what requirements would a voucher have to meet? And I guess if they were that desperate and new people on the forum why not give them the money to buy it? Swings and roundabouts really...

It's ok for you saying it. You aren't the one who has to chase things up when it all goes pear shaped.

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
Would it work if instead if when u sign up.. U have to give a contact number and or address so if problems occur admin can contact them??

Aphex

formerly 'S!ck'
Jan 14, 2007
Harrow, London
www.kaosslighting.co.uk
why use a vouch system?
if you know someone, and they want something on the forum then buy it for them through your account - take their money first of course.

I dont feel it would work, we have too many brand new players coming through here.
And some people may only play with their mates, who also aren't on here. To be honest up until a month ago I don't think I'd be able to get a vouch.

My vote would be for the 1 month + the post count.

Reactions: jfp

jfp

May 13, 2011
Oxford
Would it work if instead if when u sign up.. U have to give a contact number and or address so if problems occur admin can contact them??
You do need to remember that the mods have lives though, you would need some sort of verification method to confirm it was their mobile number and address... I'm with Aphex, 1 month + 20 posts, if they don't like it then tough ****. On overclockers you need a post count of 250 to get access to the classifieds and been a forum member for 3 months (or something like that) so they should think themselves as lucky!

admin

Administrator
Jul 2, 2001
You do need to remember that the mods have lives though, you would need some sort of verification method to confirm it was their mobile number and address... I'm with Aphex, 1 month + 20 posts, if they don't like it then tough ****. On overclockers you need a post count of 250 to get access to the classifieds and been a forum member for 3 months (or something like that) so they should think themselves as lucky!
ocuk is 1000 posts and 180 days.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
The fishing forum I use also makes the first five posts invivible until mods approve them. Avoids the forum clogging with spam.

SeanUK

Jan 5, 2013
www.planetpaintball.co.uk
The fishing forum I use also makes the first five posts invivible until mods approve them. Avoids the forum clogging with spam.
I mentioned this a while ago. Moderating a members first say 20 posts can help determine spammers etc
BUT this is also time consuming for mods as they will have to check each and every 20 posts of each member

Ninjabreadman

Aug 19, 2013
Cannock, UK
I mentioned this a while ago. Moderating a members first say 20 posts can help determine spammers etc
BUT this is also time consuming for mods as they will have to check each and every 20 posts of each member

Maybe split the workload between MODS and a new group? Perhaps a group for new members, just to look through posts once they have made 20, wouldn't be too much hard work, you'd see if they're spamming straight away. Just remove posts and make them start again...