Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Scam! or maybe not?

garethedwards

Jul 12, 2006
London
ok, so you know those email address that Welt asked for in the competition, i have 5 email accounts, turns out these were sent to all of the ones i entered in, unless there is an amazing coincidence, so i would just like a rep from welt to let us all know that they didnt use our emails for this stuff.
...i see a pattern

ION_CRAZY

Upgrade your Game
Jul 11, 2005
UK
www.paintball-upgrades.co.uk
I dont have a problem with getting spam, i mean Welt are giving a Ego away, they have to get money somewhere, i just have a problem with not being told that if i enter my details would be passed on or used to such affect

teamxray

MAKE MY DAY
Aug 15, 2007
london
I JUST GOT THIS ONE LOL

FROM LloydsTSB

Your Online Banking is Blocked

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We recently reviewed your account, and suspect that your Lloyds Online Banking account may have been accessed by an unauthorized third party. Protecting the security of your account is our primary concern. Therefore, as a preventative measure, we have temporarily limited access to sensitive account features.
To restore your account access, we need you to confirm your identity, to do so we need you to follow the link below and proceed to confirm your information

Thanks for your patience as we work together to protect your account.

Sincerely,
Lloyds Online Bank Customer Service

*Important*
Please update your records on or before 24 hours, a failure to update your records will result in a temporary hold on your funds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© 2007 Lloyds TSB Bank plc . All rights reserved.

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Hi guys,

I can assure you that the emails submitted to the WELT competition haven't been passed on to ANY third party, nor will they be. In fact, we haven't even emailed the entries (yet) ourselves. The only contact you will have is one email when the competition has closed, and then (only if you opted to receive them) future WELT newsletters.

WELT (and PGi) are part of a large publishing house, with well over 40 magazines selling hundreds of thousands of magazines a month, we take our data standards very seriously - it's not two college kids in a dormroom. I will ask the internet guys to look into any evidence of server compromise or whatever the clever stuff is I don't know about, but we certainly aren't in the business of selling emails to spammers.

I must stress that we haven't, and won't ever, pass on any email addresses or other details unless specifically authorised to do so (such as the option to sign up for the Planet newsletter).

Thanks

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Also, can anybody who posts up any scam emails remove any links contained within them, especially for phishing emails. I have no problem with spam being ridiculed, but let's not chance that someone comes in here half asleep/drunk and clicks a link.

I'm sure nobody will click of them and enter their details, but let's not even get that far. teamxray I removed the link from within yours.

Basik

Platinum Member
Jan 11, 2007
UK
Hi guys,

I can assure you that the emails submitted to the WELT competition haven't been passed on to ANY third party, nor will they be. In fact, we haven't even emailed the entries (yet) ourselves. The only contact you will have is one email when the competition has closed, and then (only if you opted to receive them) future WELT newsletters.

WELT (and PGi) are part of a large publishing house, with well over 40 magazines selling hundreds of thousands of magazines a month, we take our data standards very seriously - it's not two college kids in a dormroom. I will ask the internet guys to look into any evidence of server compromise or whatever the clever stuff is I don't know about, but we certainly aren't in the business of selling emails to spammers.

I must stress that we haven't, and won't ever, pass on any email addresses or other details unless specifically authorised to do so (such as the option to sign up for the Planet newsletter).

Thanks

I guess it's just a coincidence then, i just wondered because ever since i put my school email into that competition, I've been getting emails from a gang of Africans.

It's no big deal though - some of them are pretty entertaining.