Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Scenerio vs speedball guns

stu"trigger"

Jun 1, 2015
Went to diamond wars yesterday and took my tippmann phenom and by delta but was massively outgunned by the speedball guns although I cannot use the phenom on full auto some of those speedball markers were sure kicking out some balls!!! My question is what's a decent marker to start with to keep up without breaking the bank and what would my current markers worth?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Full auto isn't allowed - it's also a safety thing, it will blindly shoot as long as the trigger is pressed whether by your finger or a bush

With the phenom you could shoot as quickly as most 'speedball' guns, in theory up to 20bps
People will typically be shooting at 10'or 15 balls per second, and probably with a ''mode" that kicks in to a maximum rate of fire as long as the player keeps a consistent repetitive finger action

It's generally style of play and experience, though the ergonomics of 'speedball' guns are optimized for paintball

Lloydie

Jun 12, 2016
Coventry
Speedball guns all really do the same thing .
They're like the ladies ,they all take your cash and give you a good time .
It all comes down to what you feel comfortable to hold before you shoot .
I don't think you can go wrong with a etha or any Planet eclipse marker but others will disagree as they like others .
Buying a 2nd midrange marker might be a good option as is trying a few out before you splash the cash .

I to was a diamond wars Sunday ! HMC HMC HMC :) .
Afterwards I popped to the shop on sight and asked if I could hold a PE gtek and etek 5 ,the chap was most willing to let me fondle them !.

For me the etek feels nicer but think I'll end up with a gtek very soon .

I know I've been no help :) ,just get your mits on a few and find one you like .

nick hare

Jul 23, 2013
Bristol
for most of the time any games you play will be limited to 10.5bps, so you should be able to keep up with that. what you are probably noticing is that 'speedball' markers will do this with very little effort, especially if the ramping mode is engaged.
whilst the phenom will do this it comes down to moving your fingers quick enough and then being to sustain that movement whilst unleashing hundreds of paintballs.
if you were looking for a speedball marker id head in Planet eclipse direction maybe something like a geo2. these are relatively cheap, and bulletproof. theres also the older Axes and minis and once these are set up correctly are a dream to fire.
As others have said, just ask people at events you go to, the likelihood is that whilst their current marker is alot of money and wont let you play with it, they carry older backup markers which would be a good idea of what to get.

david525

Nov 17, 2015
beds
Hi I was at diamond war idc we lost but still held our owe. I don't know much about you marker but if it's lime most woods ball guns they look heavy and are probably not gentle o. The paint I used a 100second hand mini shot 2 cases of paint with out a breaks I was on 10'5 bps ramp if you got a good hopper and air not co2 a speed ball gun will do the job. My son was playing with a etek 2set the same again no problems speed ball gun are lighter and better but don't have the military look some people like and do need more cleaning/ maintenance

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
Went to diamond wars yesterday and took my tippmann phenom and by delta but was massively outgunned by the speedball guns although I cannot use the phenom on full auto some of those speedball markers were sure kicking out some balls!!! My question is what's a decent marker to start with to keep up without breaking the bank and what would my current markers worth?
All speedball guns will outdo other markers on the tech and performance front.But if you want to look military ,the Dye Dam is basically a DM series speedball gun with a military body kit.There is a Planet Eclipse equivalent. Most speedball guns come in camo . The Dam is out there 2nd hand and the PE was on an Etha ,an economy model . So you don't need to break the bank for either . You can have Tech and look the biz ! Just need to do a bit of shopping.

Skagbo

Skagbo
Sep 9, 2016
Denmark
Hello.
If I were you, I'd go for a planet eclipse marker, they just work and easy to maintane.
I play wood ball and sometimes supair, my GTEK works super for both kinds of games.
Bought the GTEK as a complete set, with lightweight bottle, Grill mask and other stuff.
There is something to save if you lack some equipment.
You may find some almost unused secondhand marker, which goes on sale when the season end do to winter.
If I had the money now, I would go for the Geo3.5 or LV1 depending on personal choice.
If you have any Question about GTEK or Empire mini gs (spare team gun), maybe I can help with answers.

S3AN

Oct 11, 2016
I've definitely had a few recommendations for planer eclipse markers and you depending on your budget you could pick up a geo 3 or etek 5 for sub £300