Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Scopes???

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
In my rarely if ever humble opinion I would say no. The single biggest problem with sights is that they tend to create tunnel vision, which is one of the most common pitfalls newbies get into. Aiming for too long and fixating on just one possible target zones out other possibilities and events going on around the player, which is the surest way to get shot and/or miss opportunities that would be tremendously helpful. For aiming, just use a point on the side of the gun or barrel as a general reference and adjust based on where the balls are going. You want to spend as little time on it as possible in order to keep up with the pace of the game.

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
I got a scope

I got a scope for 10 bucks at Wal-Mart. I don't intend to use it whilst in the heat of the battle...but here's the scenario I played in my head when I bought it:

Someone from the other team is busy in a battle with one of my teammates. It's a long shot, and I'm not sure if I can make it so I line up my little red-dot scope (we'll say I've been paracticing with it) dead on with his cheek. Let loose, say, 5-10 shots, one of them has to hit him. Especially if he isn't paying any attention to me and doesn't duck when he hears the noise coming from my barrel...

The fields I play at most are very very big, woodland-type fields and because of the layout of the fields, not much bunkering goes on. I bought it simply because it seemed like a logical way to hit people that aren't paying attention to you (and whehn you ar enot in danger yourself). And, because I am still a newbie, if I take out two people in one game I am satisfied.

So does this or doesn't this make sense for me? Thanks for your help.

Manning26

The top sight for paintball would be the one Pro Team Products puts out. You'll see many of the top tournie guys still using them, mainly because to use it, you must keep both eyes open. That, in itself, drastically cuts down on tunnel vision, because you still have all of your peripheral vision. If you really want a sight, that is the only one I'd recommend. Wish I had a link I could give you, surely Pro Team has a website. Good luck.

matt bryant

Chill With Da Still
Oct 19, 2001
Visit site
yeh,
manning is right. If u want a sight then get the armson O.E.G as u use it with both eyes open. The eye behind the sight sees a bright red dot in sharp contrast against a black background, while the other eye sees the target area. The brain instantly merges the dot and the target. The advantages of keeping both eyes open add the benefits of peripheral vision and improved depth perception. It is a good sight and wont break (the lense is made from the same stuff as space helmets are made out of).

here is the site
www.armsonltd.co.uk/Pages/accessor.htm

Brianguard16

Nov 11, 2001
Indiana, USA
Visit site
not sure it will fit.....

I went to proteamproducts.com and armsonltd.com. They both sold the same red dot sight. (The Armson O.E.G.) Pro Team Products price is: $79.95 and armsonltd.com's price is: $80.00. The problem is that I am not sure if the sight will fit on a Tippmann Model 98. I don't want to spend 80 dollars and have the thing not fit. If someone can get some more details about the site, or even if someone has the sight please post. Thanks. :) Also, thanks matt bryant and Manning26 for the info. ;)

Manning26

Okay Bri', I'm certain it'll fit your gun. This is going to be hard to explain...uh, there are two screws on the side that tighten it down onto the rail, behind the screws, each screw has its own little peice of metal, the metal is free floating, the screw is the only thing holding it on. Sooo no matter how wide your rail is it'll still fit it. I had one, about six years ago, on my 'Mag, and I only had room enough on my rail for one screw to hold it on, and it wasn't a problem. Matt is totally right, they're tough as nails, I'd still recommend it, Buddy. I hope that rambling made sense! :(