Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Scottish player returning after 5 years with questions

Jamie30x

Jul 10, 2016
First off, hello! Nice to be back on the paintball scene after all this time! Looking forward to getting back into the game again!

I've got a few questions that I'm hoping that I can get answered in some form. I'll just get right into them!

Do any Scottish players have any recommendations for sites to play at? 5 years ago it seemed to be somewhat difficult to find a decent site in Scotland. I'm based in Glasgow, so closer to there the better,

Has there been any changes to site/player/spoken/unspoken rules in the last 5 years?

My little Brother is looking to get into paintball as well as we went to a rental day the other week, and he really enjoyed the sport. I'm looking to get him some kit but nothing too expensive in case he decides in the future he'd like to give it up. For this I was thinking something like my first marker which was a preowned Proto PMR. Is this still an acceptable marker for him to start with, or would there be something better to get him? What is a reliable, but cheapish hopper to go along with this?

Further to this point - my Brother is only 15. The guy at the rental site we went to the other week pretty much treated him as an adult as my brother stands around 6 foot 2 inches already and towered above pretty much every other person at the site. Will sites be OK if he comes along to games with me as he is only 15? Can that age happily play with adults?

Think that's pretty much everything I've got just now! If I think of anything else, I'll post them in this thread! Looking forward to (possibly) playing with some of you guys in the future!

Jamie McCallum

ItsJamieMcC
Jul 2, 2016
Welcome back Jamie :-D I'm new too and stay in Ayrshire.

If you're looking for something close to Glasgow then Major Day is your best shot at a close walk-on. https://www.facebook.com/Major-Day-144692572224399/
It's just outside Bearsden and I went for the first time yesterday. It's a great site, plenty of game areas and the other guys that go are very welcoming and friendly. They have a normal walk-on every 2nd Sunday of the month and a magfed day every month.

Normal walk-on is £45 (Entry + Box of Paint)
Meg-Fed (Unsure, however, there are others on this forum that go also so they can clear you up)

If you don't have your own kit then you can hire too. However even if you let the page know you're coming along I'm sure some of the guys will bring along an extra gun or two for you to try out. As I said they really don't mind and allowed a friend of mine to use one of their guns yesterday. Made him enjoy it that wee bit better.

The site is from age 11 so as far as I'm aware your brother would be fine to come along and play games with you. If you head on the page and give them a message you will speak to the site owner who is called Douglas. He will answer all your questions.

However from a complete noob like myself, the site is great and is very well run with some great humor thrown in :D

Reactions: Viking91

Jamie30x

Jul 10, 2016
Hi Jamie (good name by the way ;) ), and thanks for the welcome back!

Thanks for the site suggestion! Definitely close by to me and very easy for me to get to in the car! Also liking the entry price! Did you see any speedball type game zones when you were there? I do enjoy running about the woods etc, but sometimes I just want to sprint around in a small space!

I'd like to let my brother try a mag fed style of play before getting him everything so this would be good. I was suggesting a Proto PMR etc for him, but he may enjoy the mag fed style more, so would be good to let him have a go of that before buying his first marker! I'll probably have all my own kit by the time I go, I sold my mask etc when I left 5 years ago, but I kept my Ego 05 which would hopefully be ready to go with a little TLC!

Thanks again, and I'll hopefully see you there some time in the future! :)

Jamie McCallum

ItsJamieMcC
Jul 2, 2016
Hi Jamie (good name by the way ;) ), and thanks for the welcome back!

Thanks for the site suggestion! Definitely close by to me and very easy for me to get to in the car! Also liking the entry price! Did you see any speedball type game zones when you were there? I do enjoy running about the woods etc, but sometimes I just want to sprint around in a small space!

I'd like to let my brother try a mag fed style of play before getting him everything so this would be good. I was suggesting a Proto PMR etc for him, but he may enjoy the mag fed style more, so would be good to let him have a go of that before buying his first marker! I'll probably have all my own kit by the time I go, I sold my mask etc when I left 5 years ago, but I kept my Ego 05 which would hopefully be ready to go with a little TLC!

Thanks again, and I'll hopefully see you there sometime in the future! :)

They do have more open small area. Kind of like a speedball type game. However with wooden bunkers as opposed to inflatable. As far as I'm aware their next mag-fed day is the 24th of this month and the next walk-on day is the 14th of August. Like I said, though if you give the page a message and just pop your questions up there I honestly don't see any issues with one of the guys allowing you use of a mag-fed gun. They are more than happy to help and always selling stuff which is also good. I know one of them is selling an Invert Mini. I'm sure he will comment on this post at some point and fill you in :)

Look forward to meeting more new faces on the site.

Jamie30x

Jul 10, 2016
Great! I have no problem with the wooden style bunkers instead of the inflatables! Sounds like it's a site that has everything I could want! If he doesn't go for a mag fed style marker I'll be getting him a Proto Rail (which I now see from another thread that you've got one, hopefully I can get as good a price as you did!).

14th of August sounds like the date we'll aim for currently!

Jamie McCallum

ItsJamieMcC
Jul 2, 2016
Great! I have no problem with the wooden style bunkers instead of the inflatables! Sounds like it's a site that has everything I could want! If he doesn't go for a mag fed style marker I'll be getting him a Proto Rail (which I now see from another thread that you've got one, hopefully, I can get as good a price as you did!).

14th of August sounds like the date we'll aim for currently!
Good stuff Jamie :) Yeah a Proto Rail I have and it's a great starter gun. Worked like a charm yesterday.
Hopefully see you on the 14th then :D

Jamie30x

Jul 10, 2016
Sorry, one more question on this site! How many games did you guys end up playing on Sunday?

Jamie McCallum

ItsJamieMcC
Jul 2, 2016
Sorry, one more question on this site! How many games did you guys end up playing on Sunday?
I played 5 games I think before I called it a day. Started around 10:30 and left about 3:30 as I had to get home. Also, there were 16 of us there on the day. I'm almost certain he has around 9 game zones in total. I'm not 100% sure.

Last edited:

Astro

Jun 29, 2016
Welcome back to the sport. Each country has their own rules for "house" rules... Which country are you referring to, Scotland?