Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Scuba tanks

ben_perry100

Mar 5, 2009
I own 2 scuba tanks and was looking into filling my paintball HPA tank from the scuba tanks.
I have a 10L and 12L (i think) both at 3000psi.

I have been reading about a bit and saw the best way to fill the tanks was using a cascade system where you fill off of one tank then top off on the other. I stumbled across some fill calculator on the internet and it says that using 2 tanks i should get twenty fills (each fill decreasing in pressure) the last fill putting 1700 psi in my paintball air tank.

I have noticed there are two types of fill rigs to put the air from the scuba tanks into my paintball tank, i believe these are an A clamp and a DIN fill rig, does it matter what type of rig i use or does it depend on the scuba tank in question?

Would be greatfull if someone could help,

Ben

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Think the bottles would be nearer 3000psi capacity. Popular capacities are usually 232 or 300 bar & 1 bar = 14.503773775 psi. Regards valves - You either need correct A-clamp or Din style fill rig, depending on which type of valve is installed. Or alternatively you can remove a threaded insert on most A-clamps, to allow a DIN valve rig to fit.

http://www.ukrecscuba.org.uk/ukdiver/dinyoke.htm

If you want to cascade fill off a pair of bottles, you'll need two rigs anyway - regardless of fitting type. Otherwise it'll be too time consuming to keep swapping 1 fill rig between bottles.

ses_paintball

Jan 13, 2009
Basildon Essex
both of the tanks in question require an A clamp which we have. It has the hose attachment to fill bottles from. I hear that changing A clamp tank to accept a DIN rig is not difficult should i just stick with what i have ?

ben_perry100

Mar 5, 2009
Yes it is a 3000psi tank (didnt add enough 0's), as ses said we already have 1 A clamp so will probably stick with that for one of the tanks as there is no major advantage over a Din rig according to the link you posted up which cleared up a few other things aswell.

I think best bet will be taking the tanks to a local scuba shop and see what they suggest.

Thanks