Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Self introduction.

Keith Chung

May 9, 2016
Hi all, newbie here just started taking up paintballing, currently borrowing a friends gear but want to start getting my own stuff. Can you guys recommend some options for full face masks? I was also told that a decent bounce vest was another important first purchase.

Thanks all.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Greetings.

Masks are a personal thing, I'm a fan of JT but mainly because I'm old and they're from the good old days.

Bounce vests aren't essential but definitely nice to have :D

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Hi all, newbie here just started taking up paintballing, currently borrowing a friends gear but want to start getting my own stuff. Can you guys recommend some options for full face masks? I was also told that a decent bounce vest was another important first purchase.

Thanks all.
As above - it's a personal thing, see if you can try some goggles on. Either by getting to one of the few 'retail' shops (usualy the front door of a warehouse), the shop on a site, traders at an event or chatting to other players at a walkon etc

Bounce vests aren't essential for recreational play, loose clothing does much more for you in absorbing impact and allowing you to stay at a reasonable temperature

In tournaments you are allowed 2 layers only, (except in winter) so that's your jersey and bounce vest
There are again many bounce vests available with different padding designs so you need to look around and see what it is designed for and how it will cover the parts of your body that need to protect from impacts (being shot or diving)

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I've actually written a wee article for people just like you, I'm waiting for Pete to give it the go ahead. Keep a weather eye on the horizon.........

cheffy81

Jun 26, 2012
Hi Kieth i currently use JT Flex 8 mask its quite comfortable but a pain in the arse to change the lense, I dont wear a bouce vest as i have plenty of built in padding lol.