Selling up

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
3000psi 48cu cylinder - test before 07/2015
Luxfer cylinder - test before 09/2019
The 3000psi will most likely be aluminium, and therefore legaly has 10 years between tests here, so if sites accept the 10 year cycle is usable, if they stick to the marked 5 years then a site won't allow it to be used
All forum sales require cylinders to be in date
But value wise it's cheap enough new (about £30 to £40), is worth less second hand and not usually worth the price of a retest, will be pricey to post and can't be posted with all methods
This would be best bundled with one of the guns

The 4500psi would be fibre wrapped. These are approx £150 new, tend to go at around £80 second hand but vary on the remaining life
There should be two dates marked, a final date (15 years after manufacture) and the next test date (5 year cycle)
Double check if 2019 is the next test date or the final test date - the longer it has overall the more it's worth to someone
(Again it would cost to send and can only be sent by some methods, but is more worthwhile)

BikerDon

Platinum Member
Jan 27, 2016
BINGO!! (>20 posts now :D(y):whistle:)

Seriously... Thanks Tom. You are correct, I remember one is metal and the other is fibre wrapped.
I'll check the 2019 date tomorrow and post it back here to clarify.
I seem to remember looking at the pressure gauges of the cyclinders and noticing one was full and one was nearly empty, can't remember which way round now, again I'll check and post back here tomorrow.
Does that make a difference? I don't kow how much it is to refill a cylinder, assuming you can.

I saw the rule about cylinders being in date - does that only apply if it's being sold and not bundled with a gun as you suggest?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk

Seriously... Thanks Tom. You are correct, I remember one is metal and the other is fibre wrapped.
I seem to remember looking at the pressure gauges of the cyclinders and noticing one was full and one was nearly empty, can't remember which way round now, again I'll check and post back here tomorrow.
Does that make a difference? I don't kow how much it is to refill a cylinder, assuming you can.

I saw the rule about cylinders being in date - does that only apply if it's being sold and not bundled with a gun as you suggest?
It doesn't make much difference about how full they are - you will want to de-pressurize if posting (attach to one of the guns and dry fire a few times to empty - make sure the barrel is clear but still point safely !)

If you were to just go and fill then it would cost probably under £5 at a dive shop but is free at a site when playing

You would need the moderators to be sure, but a free cylinder in a bundle could be ok

When you get the sales thread up make sure the full date info is listed and shown as well as you can get in photos

Reactions: BikerDon

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com

When I posted "Merry Christmas everyone!" on the first page, it was because I forwarded you to 20 posts.

BikerDon

Platinum Member
Jan 27, 2016
The system won't let me post an advert in Classifieds yet (You have insufficient privileges to post here.)
Can someone tell me why please.
Nothing stands out for me in the rules.

BikerDon

Platinum Member
Jan 27, 2016
Some one is asking about one of the markers I'm selling. He says "Hope it's not a super low ball."
I've Googled for it and lots of people use the term but no-one explains what it means.
Can anyone advise please?