Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sending a marker through ParcelForce / Post office

Tommiles50

Apr 10, 2009
Chester
So what courier actually allows the transport of paintball guns then? I checked parcel monkey and they too mention paintball guns under the 'arms and ammunition section.
Thanks,
Tom

niloc65

Aka Colin
Oct 4, 2013
Worthing - West Sussex
Is it just me our have we identified a niche market for a courier to ship all our paintball kit about the country. Any enterprising man with a van want to setup a service ? I'm sure it would do well. Just my view on the matter.

Niloc65
Aka Colin
Split Personalities.

Chaz987

That guy
Jul 5, 2011
Swindon
Is it just me our have we identified a niche market for a courier to ship all our paintball kit about the country. Any enterprising man with a van want to setup a service ? I'm sure it would do well. Just my view on the matter.

Niloc65
Aka Colin
Split Personalities.
You got a smashing idea there mate ;)

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
So what courier actually allows the transport of paintball guns then? I checked parcel monkey and they too mention paintball guns under the 'arms and ammunition section.
Thanks,
Tom
Have you got a detailed prohibited list, a link or a clarification from parcel monkey?

From what I've seen on their website they mention that Parcel Force won't on this page:
http://www.parcelmonkey.co.uk/toys

Currently Parcelforce restrict the shipping of paint-ball or toy guns so one should be aware of that too, if you choose to ship via them.

But then in their prohibited that have 'arms & ammunition', 'replica guns', 'toy guns', etc
http://www.parcelmonkey.co.uk/prohibitedItems.php

They do not mention paintball at all among the restrictions. It would be rude to prohibit paintball guns and to make a statement to think twice about using parcel force. They are implying you should use parcel monkey instead of parcel force for that explicit reason.

Bullseye

Non-linear
Feb 25, 2011
Derby
I have had lengthy conversations on my local post office about this (and air bottles). The staff have assured me that, as long as they contain no paint and batteries I am fine to post them with Royal Mail. In the last few months I've sent 4 via rm with no probs....

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I have had lengthy conversations on my local post office about this (and air bottles). The staff have assured me that, as long as they contain no paint and batteries I am fine to post them with Royal Mail. In the last few months I've sent 4 via rm with no probs....
Regarding cylinders this is definately not the case any more - even if the local branch say its ok and even if you do manage to send or receive one with no problem. Degassing is and has always been a requirement, they are now prohibited by Royal Mail and parcelforce degassed or not.

The following covers it and there are also links to other recent threads
http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/important-news-about-air-tanks.162232/

If the person behind the counter says its fine then make sure you have all their details should it come to you requiring compensation for your cylinder being intercepted, destroyed and you potentially being charged a fine
As in the links above this did recently happen to a seller on here - he had to refund the buyer and lost his cylinder

Bullseye

Non-linear
Feb 25, 2011
Derby
Ah, I should of stated, no air bottles are definitely NOT ok, even with the reg off.... I meant I asked them about both, but just gave the info I got back regarding markers as this was the topic....but reading it back I should of made it clear that I was only talking about markers

My bad

Chaz987

That guy
Jul 5, 2011
Swindon

Niloc65
Aka Colin
Split Personalities.
You wouldnt believe how much thought I have put into this idea.

Queston is; if I set up a man with a van style business would the paintball community use me? Due to the fact that I understand wants/demands of gear to be delivered, I wouldnt really worry about the terms and conditions used by other *larger* companies therefore offering the flexibility that is needed to send bottles, guns, etc wherever it needs to go.

Thoughts? Be honest, would rather know Im setting up a worth while service other than wasting time and money.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
You wouldnt believe how much thought I have put into this idea.

Queston is; if I set up a man with a van style business would the paintball community use me? Due to the fact that I understand wants/demands of gear to be delivered, I wouldnt really worry about the terms and conditions used by other *larger* companies therefore offering the flexibility that is needed to send bottles, guns, etc wherever it needs to go.

Thoughts? Be honest, would rather know Im setting up a worth while service other than wasting time and money.
If you hve not lredy done so look closely into the law on transportation of cylinders, this is one of the factors affecting the carriage of air cylinders.

My real concern would be whether people will put their money where their mouth is - you would be:
1) running around the country randomly from seller A to buyer B, seller C, buyer D ....
2) making timetabled rounds - pickup C, drive past B, drop D, pickup A, drive past C, drop B
3) co-ordinating multiple men with vans
4) dealing with recipients who are out

Post & couriers isn't cheap at the best of times, starting a service without all the other logistics and bulk customer for efficiency may price you
The Post Office & couriers are like trains and buses, the man in a van is a taxi

Reactions: Chaz987

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I used parcel force to send a pistol from Northern Ireland (home of the balaclava) during a spate of letter bomb attacks on senior PSNI officers, to an Islamic primary school.

No issues surprisingly, however I was sh*tting myself for about 4 days......

Reactions: Kevin Winter