Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Set up advice

hello_moto

Feb 7, 2010
Birmingham
there's an SLG UL going in the classifieid for a £80 best offer from the seller.

it's not a milsim marker but it works fantastically well in the woods and should you decide to take up supair/tournie ballin', the SLG UL will hold you in good stead until your budget allows you to upgrade to something better.

SLG UL >>> spyder1

Reactions: Mutant Renegade

Doddy

Mar 28, 2011
Hull

there's an SLG UL going in the classifieid for a £80 best offer from the seller.

it's not a milsim marker but it works fantastically well in the woods and should you decide to take up supair/tournie ballin', the SLG UL will hold you in good stead until your budget allows you to upgrade to something better.

SLG UL >>> spyder1
Can you point me in the right direction please I can't seem to find it.

peaty

Under the INFLUENCE!
Nov 4, 2005
Bournemouth
Visit site
just a quick note one of the main fallbacks i have noticed with newer people when coming to the sport is maintainance of theyre gun. if you dont maintain it, it will cease to work so the first thing id recomend when you do get a marker is grab that manual and read it cover to cover a couple of times. also check out techpb.com see if teres a video or forum thread on there for your type of gun about maintanance.

as for goggles for big heads i would say the does and donts:
do's:
empire events
vforce grillz
vforce profilers
jt proflexs

DONTS!:
dye i4's (not enough jaw line coverage for bigger heads)
proto axis goggles (i own a pair of these an i have a medium head and my chin rubs on the bottom of the goggles)
the new sly ones

Marker:
in terms of a marker it depends what route you want to take, milsim like or sportier models.
in terms of the milsim ones im not really that sure i have seen the spyer mr1 in action and it would do the job.
sportier models on the other hand i would recomend anything like a Proto matrix rail (pmr) or an slg. theres also a load of older eclipse egos you can get too. the ego 6 was nice and you can find some lovely ones on these forums for pretty good prices.
alternativly you might find the odd icd promaster laying around, a good one of them will just keep chugging and chugging i had a tigers promaster for my first marker and that thing was the bomb.

hopper:
good cheap hoppers are halo's (£20 average) , empire reloaderb or b2 (£20-30 average) viewloader velocity (£20average) or a torque (£20 average) for scenario do not buy the viewloader egg, egg2 or egg3 they will not withstand the battering and the battery door will always break.

air or c02:
depending on which one of these your site works off will depend on your bottle.

co2 norally the site you play at will have bottles for you to use already so not normally an issue (bear in mind a lot of the sporty guns are not designed for use with c02 except a couple of exceptions).

air however is always better to use through most guns. with this you have 3 options.
1. ask at your local sites, they might loan you a refillable bottle to use for the hwole day.
2. you can buy the bottles they use down a site for rather cheap these days its a
steel tank 48cu with 3000psi and normally costs between £20 and £30
3. Upgrade :) basically you can get carbon wrapped tanks which are lighter and available in multiple capacities for a wee bit more moneys these are lighter and as i said you can get bottles that hold more. normally available between £60 and £130.

in terms of clothing to wear that your call man, you know what you look good in.

get out there and mow some suckers, hope iv been helpfull.

Reactions: Mutant Renegade

hello_moto

Feb 7, 2010
Birmingham

peaty

Under the INFLUENCE!
Nov 4, 2005
Bournemouth
Visit site
one thing to add to moto's post. does the person posting that for sale have anyone to vouch for them?
when someone has zero posts and a recent join date always need to check if they are trustworthy.
it covers your back a bit and helps them too.

Doddy

Mar 28, 2011
Hull
@peaty - yeah thanks for that. I've got myself an events mask sorted for my big sweede :). As for the marker I'm looking for something to hold out in the woods as I will be playing scenario/woodsball more often than not.

@moto - I saw that marker earlier, not sure it's for me I think the gold paint job would stand out a bit in the woods.