Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

setting up a paintball site

diaboro919

Crimson Baller
Jun 14, 2012
Dorset
Things like insurance are easy. The hardest stage is the first stage, and that's finding the right property. The right property is a varied-woodland area that is zoned correctly so that recreational/entertainment activities are permitted.
Anyone can set up a paintball field once the land is secured -that's the easy part - all you need is cash - and once you have the land and have prepared a decent business-plan the bank would prolly lend you the money if you don't have it.

So my advice would be to not worry about the little things that might get in your way until you have the giant barrier to entry removed, which is where you are going to operate.
thank you for the advice :D taking it all in and starting to plan it all :D haha even looked into areas nearby and afar :D might be many years yet but i will one day have my own site (y)

Player01

Feb 21, 2012
I think this needs to be done sooner rather than later mate :) needs to be some more decent sites around dorset

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
If I had one bit of advice then it would be take any figure you're considering as a budget, and times it by 3. You initially factor in all the big things you need to open/run a site......but it's the small things that add up. Trust me, I speak from experience :)

I realise this might be a woodland site which isn't my "area" so to speak, but labour for building zones is also something to consider. If we didn't have the support of my team/refs/friends this past 12 months, then the site wouldn't be as it is now. You can't ever put a price on people like that.....they're just what we now call "family".

Reactions: diaboro919

diaboro919

Crimson Baller
Jun 14, 2012
Dorset
bournemouth area buddy
aaaaah, i can understand where your coming from haha. few sites ive played near there, Camoflage and DF being the ones i can name. Before the refurb, Camo was ok but their paint wasnt so good (Sterling Gauntlet, could of been easily mistaken as wax it was that bad :/) DF, well their site was extremely good. great built up game zones, just the prices let it down :/ only site i will trek to atm is Skirmish in bere regis for many reasons: paint can be cheap, zones are big and allow me to use any of my markers (other restrictions apply though) playing saturday if you are up for it?

If I had one bit of advice then it would be take any figure you're considering as a budget, and times it by 3. You initially factor in all the big things you need to open/run a site......but it's the small things that add up. Trust me, I speak from experience :)

I realise this might be a woodland site which isn't my "area" so to speak, but labour for building zones is also something to consider. If we didn't have the support of my team/refs/friends this past 12 months, then the site wouldn't be as it is now. You can't ever put a price on people like that.....they're just what we now call "family".
good advice :D any and all experience is greatly appreciated :) yes it would mainly be a woodsball site but would like to add indoor areas and if it ever properly took off, a sup air field.

yeah i can understand that and i hope to create a family when and as this project builds up :) no amount of money can buy that commitment, dedication and support :)

Player01

Feb 21, 2012
Haha yeah I know what you mean about the paint :) it wasnt great , this saturday I cant im afraid, but I have heard they do a walkon there, have you been to one of those?

diaboro919

Crimson Baller
Jun 14, 2012
Dorset
Haha yeah I know what you mean about the paint :) it wasnt great , this saturday I cant im afraid, but I have heard they do a walkon there, have you been to one of those?
Yep, first sunday every month. as of late though, the numbers have been low so walkons have been added to punter groups :/ has led to a few complaints due to some walkons walking the trigger against punters.