Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Setting Up Air Tank

Oliver_J

Oct 22, 2012
West Yorkshire
This feels like a daft question but I'd rather ask than damage my bottle.

I have a fuel supra lite and a ninja pro v2 reg brand new. I'm pretty sure they're sent unpressurised?

So for installing the reg, the bottle comes with a red plastic cap covering the screw thread, do I just take this out and screw the regulator in?

Also, for its first fill. Do I need to fill it slightly first (like you need to for the safer 1.2L bottles with a bladder) and let the bladder expand before then filling it up? Or can I just go ahead and fill it straight from new as the fuel tank has a steel core?

Thanks in advance.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Technically regs are supposed to be screwed on using a torque wrench to the settings specified on the bottle but in reality most people just screw them on by hand. You should be able to just fill it straight up but i would suggest just putting a little in first just in case there's any leaks, just so you don't have to empty a full bottle before you can sort the leak out.

Oliver_J

Oct 22, 2012
West Yorkshire
Technically regs are supposed to be screwed on using a torque wrench to the settings specified on the bottle but in reality most people just screw them on by hand. You should be able to just fill it straight up but i would suggest just putting a little in first just in case there's any leaks, just so you don't have to empty a full bottle before you can sort the leak out.
Thanks Bod. On the ninja reg manual it mentions using thread locking compound. Do most use this?

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
No, some people do but it's not needed and can result in knackered bottle threads if and when the reg is taken off. When the bottle is under pressure you're going to need some serious force to unscrew the reg from the bottle and even if you did regs have a built in vent (usually a cut along the threads or a vent hole which can get blocked by thread locking compounds) that releases any pressure before the reg unscrews too far.

Reactions: Oliver_J

Oliver_J

Oct 22, 2012
West Yorkshire
No, some people do but it's not needed and can result in knackered bottle threads if and when the reg is taken off. When the bottle is under pressure you're going to need some serious force to unscrew the reg from the bottle and even if you did regs have a built in vent (usually a cut along the threads or a vent hole which can get blocked by thread locking compounds) that releases any pressure before the reg unscrews too far.
Much appreciated mate. I owe you a cuppa next time you're at YPC!

AlfieT

Get Rich or Dye Trying
Mar 24, 2015
London
Does anyone have / know what its called/ picture of the tool that goes on the ninja reg to torque it? Ive got a proper torque wrench but even the snap on guy had no idea what to use to grip the reg when tightening?

Bertz

instagram above
Nov 26, 2014
coventry
Does anyone have / know what its called/ picture of the tool that goes on the ninja reg to torque it? Ive got a proper torque wrench but even the snap on guy had no idea what to use to grip the reg when tightening?
Seen a socket that's had key ways cut out to fit a reg

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
As in here:

The custom piece has a 1/2 socket and can be used to torque to the specified level

As bod points out the safety features of regulator threads deal with safe air relief if you did manage to unscrew while pressurized but as long as it's reasonably screwed on the system will seal and lick solid by air pressure

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
If you can weld you could make your own, i made this out of angle plate, if you don't have a vice you can just screw it to the bench or even the floor and i put a square socket hole in the bottom so you can use it on a wrench as well.Picture 069.jpg Picture 075.jpg