Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

seX-ball US

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
wow, and only last week or so he was saying that he wanted to be a player who could say that he only ever played for one team! and that he 'was 'Lanche through and through'. how fast things change, wonder why.......could it be the ££££££££ and the chance to play X-ball, (are Redz playin X)?

sam

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Originally posted by sjt19
wow, and only last week or so he was saying that he wanted to be a player who could say that he only ever played for one team! and that he 'was 'Lanche through and through'. how fast things change, wonder why.......could it be the ££££££££ and the chance to play X-ball, (are Redz playin X)?

sam
Doesn't look like Redz has signed up for the NXL since they are still signed up for the first NPPL Super 7. I hate to see Rocky leave 'Lanche since that reduces the chances of Dynasty having any real competition at Huntington Beach (unless someone can suggest another team that can give D a run for their money).

Steve

shamu

Tonight we dine in hell
Apr 17, 2002
Now-Cal
The Pros are gone! Long live the Pros!

While I still think the NXL rule is lame, it may have some interesting side effects. With many of the "name" pro teams going NXL, it opens the door for new teams and players to step up. S7 currently has 10 pro teams signed up - only 6 of which played Pro at World Cup. I hope we see more teams moving up a division instead of 'playing down'.

Also, the new format should shake things up a bit. Is there a team out there that can challenge Dynasty? The new Redz Factory team is looking good if the rumors about Rocky joining are true. Avalanche has the return of Glenn 'the brain' and some new kids. If the Dogs stay with S7 instead of Xball, Dynasty should have some competition this year.

I'm getting excited about the new season. Maybe we'll see a new powerhouse emerge (Redz Factory? Naughty Dogs? Maxim? :rolleyes: ) or an older team revitalized by the 7man format ('Lanche? Lockout? Bad Company?).

Of course, I'm not betting against Dynasty :D :D :D

Bobvannes

Sandbagger
Oct 6, 2002
USA
Visit site
What guarantee does anyone have that the PSP or NXL are a bigger-money universe?

Know what the prize for first place in the NXL is? Nothing!

Teams have been getting paid for years by their sponsors. All the NXL does is makes sponsors pay entry fee money like always (only it is taken up front at the begining of the year) unless your team belongs to one of the promoters. Those guys didn't have to buy into the NXL and never paid entry fees in the past anyway.

And then, in trade for your entry fee, the NXL pays out nothing in prizes. Wow, that's a great league. Wonder why Jerry didn't think of this sooner. Lets still make them pay, but lets not give them anything at the end. Genius.

Bobvannes

Sandbagger
Oct 6, 2002
USA
Visit site
Oh, I left out the part where Jerry tells the world how they are paving the way for players to be paid. They have to be paid because the NXL doesn't give anything back to the teams. Nothing.

Genius I tell you. That Jerry is a money making genius.

Rocky couldn't have said that crap about "only playing with one team." He played with Nemesis before Avalanche was ever even a team. Your most likely talking about the Avalanche Press Release that Warped Sports wrote about a month ago. Rocky didn't write that.

Lockout is the new Crossman NXL team. You won't be seeing them in LA at the S7.

R

raehl

I, Chris Raehl, promise to behave.

I was thinking about explaining this to you - but I think it's a lost cause. Let's just start with this:

The NXL isn't PSP. EVERYONE who is part of the NXL paid the franchise fee (or more, if you're Richmond and paid to get this thing off the ground), all that money goes into the NXL, and if the thing ever does make any money, *ONLY* the people who paid the franchise fee (or people who pay a likely higher franchise fee later) are going to see any of that profit.

It's called an INVESTMENT. Do you know what an investment is?

No, wait, all those big business owners who paid to be part of the NXL are just fools being duped by Jerry, along with all the players who decided to play X Ball instead of going after S7 or PSP 10-man prizes. Every one of them is an idiot. But Bob Vannes - now, that guy, he knows what's REALLY going on!

Shea, right.

- Chris

Bobvannes

Sandbagger
Oct 6, 2002
USA
Visit site
Is this why the PSP held a press conference and they talked mostly about the NXL? The PSP bought out Richmond. They own X-Ball for now.

Yes, you invest with people who will make you money. When you give your money to someone only interested in making money for himself, you are not investing. You are giving your money away.

Bobvannes

Sandbagger
Oct 6, 2002
USA
Visit site
Answer to your edit:

At least you can admit your a sheep and only following Jerry because "big business owners" are.

It might turn out to be an OK investment for companies in paintball. It is advertising money to own a team. Doesn't mean its good for the players.