Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sheared off barrel stuck in gun...

jitsuwarrior

Old Baller, getting older
Jun 14, 2007
Northern England
Hi

I'm having some trouble where my barrel (in a g7 fly) sheared off just above the threads. All of it that was protruding out the front (and that I could therefore grab onto) fell off leaving the threaded section stuck in the gun and I cannot get it out. I've tried using some o-ring pliers to grip onto it but can't get enough traction, even to the point where it's damaging the barrel inside and I can't get them to sufficiently stick in with superglue (and am loathe to keep trying as i don't want to get any on the inside of the gun/threads).

I was just wondering if anybody had a similar problem any ideas for getting it out or knew of anybody who services markers who might be worth speaking to?

Cheers for any help

Lee
Do you have enough space to drill through and place a bolt through it? If so this will give you more leverage to unscrew it, it sounds like it is going to have to be replaced but at least it will keep the rest of your marker safe.

If not how many metal benders do you know at Uni? Small bit of brazing will allow a good seal and then unscrew, just make sure the person doing it knows what they are doing:D

LeeE

Leeds Uni Paintball Club
Jul 9, 2006
Norwich
Not sure about the warranty but to be honest I've been thinking about getting it a proper service anyway as it's been in the hands of an idiot for quite a while now :)

Thanks for all the help/suggestions

Mr Allen, you have a pm :)

Skeet

Platinum Member
Can I ask how, in the name of Christ, you managed to shear the barrel off?

I mean, Vinnie Jones style, car door incident or bad slide or what?

You could also, try to cut into the wall of the barrel in a few places, then use something to collapse it, thta way getting it out, but the potential to go too far and damage the internal threads of the gun is high.

LeeE

Leeds Uni Paintball Club
Jul 9, 2006
Norwich
No idea...

Refs called "game on", I span, barrel fell off...it was all very unimpressive to be honest

Skeet

Platinum Member
Looks like a Unitec...has it sheared at the thin black bit, before you get to the red bit?
Meaning there is nothing outside of the gun and inside the gun is about 4mm before you get to the stuck part?

Is the red bit an insert?

If it is, can you take it out, try and rough up the outside of it and the inside of what is in the gun an epoxy it (Araldite) it in, then screw it all out?

LeeE

Leeds Uni Paintball Club
Jul 9, 2006
Norwich
Yep, is a unitec

Sheared at the thin black bit (the back), just above the threads and yep, the red part is the front/inner

And yep, the stuck part doesn't protrude from the gun and is probably about 4/5mm in

I was tempted to try inserting the front, didn't think of using epoxy (never used it before), with superglue and using it to unscrew the thing but the front is still in leeds so couldn't try it until i get back and i was worried about glue leaking over onto the gun threads or into the breech...

Skeet

Platinum Member
If you rough the surfaces up that you want to stick, that will help...

remember that when you push the part in, some glue will move back, so don't put glue on the inside part, just the outside...maybe...not sure...you shouldnt need too much adhesion..but grease free (alcahol and tissue) and roughed up is required.

If you put vaseline, on anything you don't want the glue to stick to, it wont...I cant tell you where to, but just think about it and look...maybe from teh breech side you can see what is oozing out etc...wack some vaseline around that end so any glue wont stick.

If you can file a couple of grooves in each half, that will help with grip.

Not sure is super glue will stick (might, read teh label!)...araldite will.