Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sheared off barrel stuck in gun...

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
Yep, is a unitec

Sheared at the thin black bit (the back), just above the threads and yep, the red part is the front/inner

And yep, the stuck part doesn't protrude from the gun and is probably about 4/5mm in

I was tempted to try inserting the front, didn't think of using epoxy (never used it before), with superglue and using it to unscrew the thing but the front is still in leeds so couldn't try it until i get back and i was worried about glue leaking over onto the gun threads or into the breech...
The thing with epoxy is that the two halves don't do much on their own, so if some leaked into the breech section... etc, then it would need the other half to actually set, so you've got a better chance of not messing it up ;) :)

Or so I believe... :eek:

Skeet

Platinum Member
The thing with epoxy is that the two halves don't do much on their own, so if some leaked into the breech section... etc, then it would need the other half to actually set, so you've got a better chance of not messing it up ;) :)
Well...that may not be true, as you have to mix epoxy before applying it...araldite now comes in a dual syringe, that mixes on its way out.

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
I'm glad I edited then ;)

It could in theory be mixed by applying one to the 'male' insert, and one to the 'female' stuck half, then on insertion, just rotating a wiggling a bit...?

LeeE

Leeds Uni Paintball Club
Jul 9, 2006
Norwich
Yeah, I was thinking fixing the inner to it would be the easiest "non-tool" way but for the sake of a marker that I really cannot afford to replace if I screw it up I think I'll send it off, it needs a service and I do not trust my common sense or technical ability (bit worrying for an engineering student) all that much...

cheers for the help

Lee

Skeet

Platinum Member
I'm glad I edited then ;)

It could in theory be mixed by applying one to the 'male' insert, and one to the 'female' stuck half, then on insertion, just rotating a wiggling a bit...?

Maybe..but they aren't always 50/50 mixes and you have no way of knowing if they have mixed correctly.

Wiggling and rotating a bit on insertion is a good idea though...in many things:D

Skeet

Platinum Member
Yeah, I was thinking fixing the inner to it would be the easiest "non-tool" way but for the sake of a marker that I really cannot afford to replace if I screw it up I think I'll send it off, it needs a service and I do not trust my common sense or technical ability (bit worrying for an engineering student) all that much...

cheers for the help

Lee
Dude trust me, this is simple...especially as you are now armed with the need to knows, namely a release compound (vaseline).

Mate, in rifle shooting...the best accuracy is gotten by "bedding" the action of a rifle, the metal bit...into the stock...wooden bit, so that it fits in the same every time and don't move.

The way to do that, is to glue it...or glass bed it...gluing is permanent...glass bedding will be if you do it wrong...you fill part of the stock with the glue, then you smear a release compound on the action...pop it in and leave it...after a few days, you will either be able to get the action out...or you wont.

When the action costs £3500...not something you want to fcuk up:D

LeeE

Leeds Uni Paintball Club
Jul 9, 2006
Norwich
Cool, it needs a service anyway as I've had it for nearly 2 years i think so I'll see what happens but will have a look into araldite as well, by the looks of things it's very useful in kayaking paddle repairs as well

cheers

LeeE

Leeds Uni Paintball Club
Jul 9, 2006
Norwich
I'm not sure if it's the gun or the barrels that is causing it as I've had two unitec backs go in this angel and never heard of it happening to anyone else...Seems odd but maybe the the threads are putting some stress on the back or something and because it's a thinner design they are snapping whereas the stock barrel was fine...

Either way I'll be sticking to single layer barrels in this gun from now on...