Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Shocker 2k3 bolt kit out

How

Back for good
Jul 1, 2002
Bucks
Just found this on the SP europe site, evolve have finally released a bolt kit for the shocker 2k3 that *apparently* doubles your efficiency, but at about £100 is it worth it???
At jap indoor i guested on a team with a guy from evolve and i can honestly say his shocker with evolve bolt was the sweetest i have ever shot, without a doubt, and thats why if you click on the link in my sig you will see my impy up for grabs, reason - i tried his amazing shocker.

I would advise holding off on ordering a Evolve kit for the new Shocker, at least untill they have a version out that actually works without screwing up your nice new marker
no offense mate but how the fvck can changing your bolt blow your solenoid, unless you fitted it with a sledge hammer. I suspect you put your input pressure to high so i recomend that high again or you'll blow another solenoid ;) and i would recomend you do see what the SP guys say before you put up a post like this again because im pretty sure its not possible to blow a solenoid changing bolts.

L J

big big titties
Originally posted by How
At jap indoor i guested on a team with a guy from evolve and i can honestly say his shocker with evolve bolt was the sweetest i have ever shot, without a doubt, and thats why if you click on the link in my sig you will see my impy up for grabs, reason - i tried his amazing shocker.

no offense mate but how the fvck can changing your bolt blow your solenoid, unless you fitted it with a sledge hammer. I suspect you put your input pressure that high again or you'll blow another solenoid ;) and i would recomend you do see what the SP guys say before you put up a post like this again because im pretty sure its not possible to blow a solenoid changing bolts.
i rest my case
its impossible for a bolt to blow the solenoid, as the bolt is AFTER the solenoid

hobo: nice one:D

How

Back for good
Jul 1, 2002
Bucks
it aint exactly rocket science, LJ proved this by showing that even he knows it :D

AlexFarkouh

Originally posted by How
no offense mate but how the fvck can changing your bolt blow your solenoid, unless you fitted it with a sledge hammer. I suspect you put your input pressure to high so i recomend that high again or you'll blow another solenoid ;) and i would recomend you do see what the SP guys say before you put up a post like this again because im pretty sure its not possible to blow a solenoid changing bolts.
Well to be honest I haven't the faintest clue how installing the Evolve bolt managed to screw up my Shocker as it didn't make sense to me either. But it did and I did nothing wrong that I can see. I investigated and I do not seem to be the only user who has had problems with the bolt kit.

So I think that I am quite justified in posting my findings in a public forum. Especially as someone had asked about the kit. Although I am quite prepared for someone to prove me wrong.

Infact I think I will post the entire procedure I followed.

I dialled by shocker down to around 250fps just to be on the safe side. I took out the stock bolt kit and installed the Evolve bolt kit. I set the dwell to 30 chirps from the bottom and cycled the marker around 1,200 times (200 dry and 1,000 with paintballs), during this time the bolt locked up once and I had to turn the maxflow off then on to unlock it. Then I took the bolt kit out inspected it, cleaned it, relubed it and reinstalled it. Next I set the dwell to 15 chirps from the bottom and shot a hopper through it, all seemed ok.

But then the next time I tried to shoot the marker (the next day) all that happens is my shocker makes a little "Pissssh" noise every time I try to shoot it and the bolt does not cycle. I have tried replacing the stock bolt and the same thing happens, so my best guess would be that the solenoid is broken, but obviously it could be something else. I would also like to point out that I do not seem to be the only person who has had problems with the Evolve bolt kit.

bruce

What do u mean i missed!!
Mar 1, 2002
ok it may be a silly question but have you tried changing the battery in the shocker, as once they start to go the shocker will do all sorts of strange things.

I have heard that with the early version of the evolve kit that people where having to exceed the pressure of the solinoid to get the velocitys above 250fps, it may be that you have an early version. Give them a ring as im sure that evolve will go out of there way to help you out.

also it should help by fitting an lpr kit to the shocker as this will give you some solinoid protection and allow you to fine tune your shocker

HTH

Bruce