Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Shocker firing Cylinder

Shuck

Snoring Machine.......zzz
Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
In the first game of the day the firing cylinder in my shocker snapped :mad: Not a good sign. Just glad I was buying another shocker that day :D I was wondering where I can get another firing cylinder from in the UK and how much its gonna cost? Is it true that this is a weakness in shockers as I know of a few other people who this has happened to?

Shuck

Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
Near the back (the bit furthest into the gun) it kinda goes thinner and has holes in so you can see the firing piston. That bit snaps off and leaves the housing behind the thin bit in your gun. Another guy on my team had it happen to him about a year back, I think it is a weakness. Seems to happen more than you think.

Will try smartparts europe and planet next week when my student loan comes in. Thanks

Jul 27, 2001
Slutton Surrey
Visit site
Once u got a price u couldn't post it as it might be worth carrying a spare:confused:

It maybe something to do with a bent firing rod rather then the cylinder itself as if the rod is bent it could cause the rokit piston to catch the cylinder rather then sliding in side:confused:

just dont know:confused:

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Are you sure you mean the chamber the piston is housed or do you mean the piston itself if that is the case the piston is a known weak leak thats why Planet sell the Rockit and say NO enhancement to performance but just built stronger the way it is stronger is the angle of the way in which is turned on the lathe that makes them
Another thing to check is that the fireing rod has not been deformed on either end if it has replace it...early ones were made of a slightly inferior metal

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
When in a pinch you can superglue or Liquid Weld the firing cylinder back together and it'll work until you get a new one. This happened to a good friend of mine a while back and he did that and had no problems with it in the meantime and got his replacement part from either SmartParts or Hypersport. I'd imagine SP Europe or Planet (since they do Eclipse Shockers) will gladly and quickly help you. Since it's not a moving part, it only gets stress when you unscrew it from the front of the gun--clean out the threads on the cylinder AND the body where it screws in and it won't lock up and break again like it did.

Go forth and prosper once more.

Shuck

Jul 13, 2001
SoTees
Visit site
Both Planet and Smart Parts sell cylinders. SP's sell them for £21.60 + VAT, I have not got a price back from Planet yet. Hope that helps everyone.