Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

shocker guru's help required

tricky m

Feb 17, 2010
leeds
Basically after picking the shocker comunities brains.

First of probably best to say whats been done so far. Ton ton nxt shocker fitted an sl3 reg and eigen bolt. Also fitted an ndz stainless ported manifold.

Have got a drilled noid block aswell.

Then was looking on tinternet. Came across pooty low pressure bolt can. I had a spare can so decided to cut it up and make one. Which I have done. Then after that realised that the front oring wasn't needed and could get the air flowing straight into chamber if I cut away the front oring groove. So am now left with this.

Then I found a front can which is all one piece. And have done the same to that.

I have tested the first can i modded. This is where it gets interesting.

According to manual shocker pressure should be 180 - 220 psi and dwell according to instructions for board is 14 ms.

I am running at about 155 psi with dwell set at 10 ms and is firing consistently at 270 fps.

If I fit the second can I should be able to lower the pressure a little more in theory. This is where I am after some advice. The filter for the noid feed. Is fitted to lower the pressure to the noid. But is it there for any other reason?

if I drop pressure to say 140 psi and remove filter and adjust velocity with dwell. Would I do damage as it is already running at a lot lower pressure.

Also has anyone got a spare filter rod. As don't fancy doing it if it won't work.

Thanks for any help with this

Mick

Reactions: cheyenne

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
they're also there to filter out any particles from the air before it gets to the noid, any place with good quality fill stations would be fine, but a dirty fill could cause in theory some damage/ accelerated wear and tear

Also, how are you finding the eigen?

Last edited:

tricky m

Feb 17, 2010
leeds
Thanks for info spangley. Eigen bolt has no kick. Marker is really smooth now. Also I'm getting about a hopper and 5 pots out of a 3k. I have only really put two cases of paint through it but am really impressed with it so far. With sl3 reg it is shooting spot on even down to last 200psi in bottle. And what I have put over crono seems to be within + or - 2fps.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Man I spent years pissing about with shockers trying to get a perfect gun that was tournament reliable with no kick and had a good board that didn't bounce...found out after about 6 years that the best thing you can do with shockers is throw them in the bin.

Good luck with your endeavours......

Reactions: Dusty

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
Personally I dont think i'd bother to remover the filter from the noid insert, it would I imagine, improve/speed up recharge but dont see it making a major difference.

So what kind of number do you reckon you'd get from a 68/4.5k? I've seen ~1800 thrown about over on PbN but I'm skeptical.

Also, I'm sure you're aware, but worth noting that your lp cans you've made wont work on most shockers, as they usually have cut outs in the body in that area, fine on your ton ton though.

Last edited:

tricky m

Feb 17, 2010
leeds
Yes I know about can not suitable for most shockers.

I recon It will be about 1400 out of 4.5k fill. Only way I can see getting close to 1800 would be with an adjustable bolt guide and turn mechanical dwell down. Might have to look into that over next couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: cheyenne

balf

Mr Fantastico
May 20, 2006
Stealing Al's PC parts
My shocker usually runs 150-160, couple of mods, no LP can, Eigen bolt dwell of around 8-10ms (it's been a while). I'd advise 140 being about the lowest you go.

Regarding the filter, Spangley covered that, entirely optional but a dirty fill could cause you some problems, it's an assumes risk.

Bolt Setup

Start at low dwell and pressure (~130).
Raise dwell until gun cycles and shoots
Raise pressure to fps
Drop dwell until gun does not cycle
add 1 point of dwell
Pressure to FPS

Thats how I've set my gun up every time and it's never steered me wrong

tricky m

Feb 17, 2010
leeds
Thanks for info. Will try that when get some air. What mods have you done?

Am going to leave filter alone. Was just wondering.

balf

Mr Fantastico
May 20, 2006
Stealing Al's PC parts
IPR, dead air, Eigen bolt w/spring is the brunt of it. I haven't had much chance to use the eigen but seemed to function better than others I've tried.