Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

shoebox compressor

stuart shaw

Dec 23, 2013
Looking for an answer to filling my bottles at home, has anyone used the shoe box or have any other idea's.

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
I looked into getting one... but the cost means it significantly cheaper to just buy additional bottles and fill them when you play at a walkon or event. You can get a dive tank as well, but I found a few extra bottles significantly more practical!

Are you looking to tech at home?

wiggles01

Old and broken
Jun 3, 2010
Colchester
www.externalwallservices.co.uk
I have looked at them too but as Alex said the cost is quite high for what you get, you also need a small compressor and I did not like the thought of it running while I am not around in case there is a problem.
If I could find a cheep one I could be tempted
W

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
The shoebox compressor is designed for people in remote locations and is only a booster so you need a compressor to start with, not a tyre compressor but a workshop compressor that can give up to about 100psi and for prolonged periods. In the video below it takes about 2 hours to top up from 4000psi to 4500psi

An alternate to the shoebox is a stirrup pump, but also takes time and a lot of effort

With both of the above you also need a filter system to ensure the air is clean. Paintball cylinders need air clean to breathing standards, any contamination from the compressor or pump can cause failure - if the cylinder gets hot when used on a paintball compressor later there is a real risk of explosion from contamination.

A realistic option if you do need home fills is a scuba cylinder and fill rig. Get it filled at dive shops. But you are still looking at hundreds.
If you just want some air for home testing then make sure you have filled the cylinder before leaving the site, and optionally buy a spare cylinder or two

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Or a DIY fill rig if you can stretch to a 232 or 300bar dive bottle

Fills only cost me £4 at a local dive shop and last me for months of home testing