Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Shoot Straighter.....

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I remember getting a team of lads (who were actually very good when they were on form ) to shoot at an empty jerry can halfway up an airball field. Even they were surprised how much they missed, then I made them do it while someone was shooting back at them........

a good wee drill is to drop an empty coke bottle and shoot it, then shoot it again where it lands and so on until you either can't see it or just can't hit it. If you do it with a mate, take turns at shooting, loser has to either do press ups, buy the beer or pay for a takeout on the way home. Make it best of 5 to be certain :D

Reactions: TheGrizzlyGrump

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
I thought I was accurate til I did a clinic and Clint made us do drills shooting at poles....

Practise, Practise Practise...

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
I require the help of you great people.

I own an Etek 5 and have noticed the past few times using it that my shots aren't all that accurate. Now I know most of it can come down to paint, myself and even the weather but what can I do with my gun to improve things a bit more?

Thanks for your advice.
If you play competitions ,Tournie paint ,when kept tends to get bouncy ,but is straighter as a rule and good for doing pole drills.When you shoot 1 star ,if you find it's wingy .Try 3/4 ball ropes to see if it will "follow" .But the idea of accuracy training with inaccurate paint is an easy way to depress yourself. 1 ball drills 1 minute /1 hopper only games ,keep usage down.So you buy 1 box 3 star and "train smart" as opposed to painting the back net with 3boxes of field paint

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
I thought I was accurate til I did a clinic and Clint made us do drills shooting at poles....

Practise, Practise Practise...
Nexus used to train 6 weekends before a Mills event .The Saturday was mainly skills training and pole drills . Pro breakshooting and gunfighting take commitment ,time and money!

RemcoV

Oct 9, 2016
A good paint to bore match can help a bit though. But like others said, training, pratise, thats where you can improve the most!

GRIMLOCK

Jun 18, 2011
A good paint to bore match can help a bit though.
Wrong, bore size has no effect on paints "accuracy" only consistency in fps, and a bore match is worse for consistency than both over and underbore.

if you want to be accurate then practice and clean internals along with good paint are the answer.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
It won't give accuracy, but consisntency gives predictability on one factor

Search the forum for similar threads and in some you will find links to hammerheads guide to 'dialling in' their barrel system
Even if you're not using a hammerhead then you can still use the same principles to make balls leaving the barrel more consistent and predictable
Then practice and see how balls perform over different distances and conditions

RemcoV

Oct 9, 2016
If the gun is more consistent in it's fps per ball the accuracy improves. Maybe I can say better, the grouping of the balls. If you have a lot if deviation between them the grouping would be a lot worse over a longer distance then when you shoot an average of +- 3 fps difference.

jason p kitts

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2017
Cornwall
I
I require the help of you great people.

I own an Etek 5 and have noticed the past few times using it that my shots aren't all that accurate. Now I know most of it can come down to paint, myself and even the weather but what can I do with my gun to improve things a bit more?

Thanks for your advice.
I've got a etek 3 some paint are not that great as like playing paintball not bending it like becham