Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

shootin in the garden ???

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
interesting thread. ive got a pretty huge garage, and quite a big garden. ive only ever shot in the garage and in the alley behind that at some bricks, one time there were some kids playing in the alley so i decided it best to wait till later. having a cocker, and trying to learn how to time, i have een dry firing quite a bit, but they are sound about it because its really not that loud

Bone

Emulsified!
...I'm not entirely sure about this one, but when we first got our electro spyders we took em out the of the house for a quick squirt at the back wall....shooting as fast as the tigger frame could (about 14bps).... now a spyder ain't the quietest of guns (running at about 500psi i guess) so you could hear the shots resonating off the nearby buildings. You could say it sounded abit like a gun battle...... .... and being pretty damned close to the centre of Bristol.... .....anyway, when the helicopter turned up with the searchlight looking around we discretely went back inside and had abit of a guilty chuckle. Then came the cop cars slowly driving past the front..... ...also searching for the gang war that was taking place. It was only about 7 in the evening (already dark coz it was winter).....

Since then i've been timing cockers, and chronoing various other guns outside and no one seems to complain. Some kiddies sometimes lean over the wall a few houses down and ask what im doing..... i rappidly gave up on trying to explain to them its not a machine gun, it's a paintba.......oh forget it! ;)

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Originally posted by Bunker Monkey, UK
I thought you could not fire a marker (with paint in :rolleyes: )without anyone NOT haveing a mask one within 200feet or something......
That is broken at every event that has people watching from behind netting.

Also i think its like some one said about stones. Even if something is not illegal, which firing a paintball gun in your garden isn't. you could still get done for reckless endangerment if you are putting people at risk. It's covered under those general laws. There may be some guidelines in the firearms act perhap, best to ask uncle hotpoint about that.

But basicly just be sensible and don't annoy anyone and hopefully you won't have any problems.

If your really want to be sure, phone citizens advice bureau or your local police station (NOT 999!).