The Home Of European Paintball

Shooting from the hip

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Hullo

Something I've noticed in recent times is the amount of pro players who shoot with their markers held at hip level on the break. After trying this out a few times the last time i did training I couldn't notice any performance benefits to holding my marker that way. The position to me seemed counter productive as once you reach your bunker you have to take time to move your marker into the standard shoulder position to minimise your profile and make snap shots. After doing a few tests, i couldn't notice any added stability against the standard stance when shooting on the move.

Aside from trying to look like a SoCal dude, what's the point?

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
It makes you more attractive to girls.
Seems easier to assess height and elevation of you're paint
Easier to shoot fast
Use your body as a stability point / brace.

C'mon Pete are you sure?, Piper invented it in 2003 and we've spent all year refining it to what you see today (I mean Pipe's would'nt lie about it's effectivness). In fact Piper Stylez Vs. Shaolin Stongle will be available to buy on DVD in shops this Christmas. You heard it here first.

That saying I was Doc Holiday in a previous incarnation. ;)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Glen, If Piper did actually invent or maybe refine this area of paintball, I had better disect your points one by one :-

It makes you more attractive to girls

In Piper's case, it would take more than shooting from the hip to make him more attractive, it would take major reconstructive surgery coupled with a personality bypass...oh and twenty million dollars in his back pocket.

Only if you are a dwarf...Ooops sorry Glen, no disrespect intended mate.

Easier to shoot fast

Only if you are an epileptic playing at night with strobe lit fields on speed.

In Piper's case, you may well have a point, he is one big mofo and puts his pack on with the aid of a boomerang.
With an equivalent mass bordering on 3 metric tons, I think he could well be described as pretty stable but I doubt this one redeeming aspect of shooting from the hip will rescue it from the paintball dustbin.
:)

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Originally posted by Robbo
Glen, If Piper did actually invent or maybe refine this area of paintball, I had better disect your points one by one :-

It makes you more attractive to girls

In Piper's case, it would take more than shooting from the hip to make him more attractive, it would take major reconstructive surgery coupled with a personality bypass...oh and twenty million dollars in his back pocket.

Only if you are a dwarf...Ooops sorry Glen, no disrespect intended mate.

Easier to shoot fast

Only if you are an epileptic playing at night with strobe lit fields on speed.

In Piper's case, you may well have a point, he is one big mofo and puts his pack on with the aid of a boomerang.
With an equivalent mass bordering on 3 metric tons, I think he could well be described as pretty stable but I doubt this one redeeming aspect of shooting from the hip will rescue it from the paintball dustbin.
:)
Piper lied to me again, those Puppies did'nt exist either. :eek: